Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Can someone explain what SCEA gains from not saying what their plans are as far as a 3rd patch? It's getting irritating seeing weeks go by and hearing absolutely nothing from SCEA.
Bottom Line. You will never see the perfect game produced. If that ever happened, this franchise would be in serious trouble. They would make plenty of sales on the perfect game initially, but then no one would need a new game any more. So, why do a 3rd patch, when all of those changes will be made in 2011. But, of course, I guarantee you something else will suffer. My best guess is that the gameplay will be close to perfect, but then the graphics will suffer. In 2012, vice verse. Honestly, they do it on purpose. Unfortunately, the almighty dollar reigns supreme. Anyway, 2010 is it for now and I'm looking for settings that will make for a more competitive game. I posted a comment above. Any ideas?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #418
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Just curious, ehh, what do you have Pitch Speed set at?

I have bad reflexes and in 09 (don't have 10 yet) had the Pitch Speed set to zero and that really helped open up the field for me, while at the same time not being a "cheap" advantage as the CPU would still manage to shut me down.
I've tried everything, I have it down at zero right now. I've experimented with so many different sliders and I've given up hope on the hitting system this year. But the hitting in 09 was great, I loved it. The hitting in 10 is similar to 08 and before. So random, I feel like my swing (timing and PCI placement) have little to no impact on the result.

You've gotta see the videos I'll post on homers I with with Tex and Jeter. Just laughable.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #419
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I've tried everything, I have it down at zero right now. I've experimented with so many different sliders and I've given up hope on the hitting system this year. But the hitting in 09 was great, I loved it. The hitting in 10 is similar to 08 and before. So random, I feel like my swing (timing and PCI placement) have little to no impact on the result.

You've gotta see the videos I'll post on homers I with with Tex and Jeter. Just laughable.
Perhaps it's an issue with the PCI like you mentioned? I've always been a "timing only" guy when it comes to batting in The Show, so I've never used PCI. My reflexes are bad enough as it is, trying to move the PCI cursor would be too much work for me, lol.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #420
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio guy
Bottom Line. You will never see the perfect game produced. If that ever happened, this franchise would be in serious trouble. They would make plenty of sales on the perfect game initially, but then no one would need a new game any more. So, why do a 3rd patch, when all of those changes will be made in 2011. But, of course, I guarantee you something else will suffer. My best guess is that the gameplay will be close to perfect, but then the graphics will suffer. In 2012, vice verse. Honestly, they do it on purpose. Unfortunately, the almighty dollar reigns supreme. Anyway, 2010 is it for now and I'm looking for settings that will make for a more competitive game. I posted a comment above. Any ideas?
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not one of those idiots that think a game has to be perfect to be worth $60. My question is why doesn't SCEA comment one way or the other, is there a patch or are they not planning on it? As a guy who plays offline franchise exclusively there are alot of problems that need addressing and I'm not about to be 100 games in and then SCEA announces that there's a 3rd patch.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not one of those idiots that think a game has to be perfect to be worth $60. My question is why doesn't SCEA comment one way or the other, is there a patch or are they not planning on it? As a guy who plays offline franchise exclusively there are alot of problems that need addressing and I'm not about to be 100 games in and then SCEA announces that there's a 3rd patch.
I would be surprised if there was another patch. My best guess is that they do not announce anything, because then there would be tremendous negative feedback from all of us as a result. I totally agree that they should announce either yes or no. But, as you can see over the last few pages of this post, not doing anything doesn't lead to any comments. So, I would finish the season, as you are 2/3rd's done anyway. I also play offline exclusively. What settings and difficulties do you use Run and Shoot to make for a very competitve game? I'd appreciate your input, especially since you have played 100 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #422
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio guy
I would be surprised if there was another patch.

The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »