Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #401
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
I couldn't agree more. Its kinda sad. On one hand this isnt a horrible game but it feels like the game almost took a step backward this year. I play franchise exclusively after rosters drop and there is just so many problems with it I don't think I'm gonna be playing this game much this year.
I have gotten so involved in NCAA10 basketball that I have not even missed playing baseball this year. Usually I dive right into baseball once March madness is over but with all the flaws this year that I have been reading about not sure I will even play this game if not fixed. I do have 09 still with Knights end of the season rosters so I might just start up my baseball dynasty on 09. I actually like getting several years into my franchise modes and from what guys are finding out after simming several years has just turn me off on this years game. I would not even bought this years version if it was not for the 30 team control. I try to play the games that are good as long as possible to get my money's worth and I enjoy building my teams up over several years. I am not a guy that sims years at a time either, I play the majority of my games. I'm just glad I kept Knights rosters for 09 because I think that's the baseball game I will be playing if this one's not getting another patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 04:27 AM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 6

My guess is SCEA is waiting for Knight´s Roster to be released and they will release Patch No.3 at the same moment haha. Just a wish oh well....
Old 05-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #403
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Last Friday I had a game at Baltimore.

Couldn't buy a hit, was down 2-0 since the jump. Trailed 3-0 going into the 8th. Granderson popped a solo shot, 3-1 going into the 9th. Get two men on base, Swisher hits a high pop fly that barely carries over the LF fence, hitting the top of the wall for a 3-run homer. Eventually there are two outs and the bases empty, Cervelli lines a single followed by a Jeter seeing-eye-single. Then Granderson crushes a three-run bomb of his own. 7-3, great feeling to bust out after 7 innings of frustration.

So then the bottom of the 9th. Four, yes FOUR consecutive errors from my fielders. Two from Cano overthrowing first, one from A-Rod overthrowing 2nd and one from Rivera over throwing first. I still won the game 7-5 as Mo got a strike out with the bases loaded to end it. SMH though, even if this game isn't scripted, their formulas/algorithms/etc are tapped for '10.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #404
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Last Friday I had a game at Baltimore.

Couldn't buy a hit, was down 2-0 since the jump. Trailed 3-0 going into the 8th. Granderson popped a solo shot, 3-1 going into the 9th. Get two men on base, Swisher hits a high pop fly that barely carries over the LF fence, hitting the top of the wall for a 3-run homer. Eventually there are two outs and the bases empty, Cervelli lines a single followed by a Jeter seeing-eye-single. Then Granderson crushes a three-run bomb of his own. 7-3, great feeling to bust out after 7 innings of frustration.

So then the bottom of the 9th. Four, yes FOUR consecutive errors from my fielders. Two from Cano overthrowing first, one from A-Rod overthrowing 2nd and one from Rivera over throwing first. I still won the game 7-5 as Mo got a strike out with the bases loaded to end it. SMH though, even if this game isn't scripted, their formulas/algorithms/etc are tapped for '10.
I feel ya. I stopped playing back on May 1st. Video games are, to me, supposed to be a way to relax after a hard day's work, not frustrating to the point where I break my controller (Happened to me already).....
Old 05-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #405
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

I just can't get into the game this year. I'm shocked, as I consider myself a HUGE Show fan. It's the main reason I bought I PS3. And I know that it's still the best baseball game on the market by far, and there are so many things to love about it, but there are just these things that seem to happen every game that make me roll my eyes and wonder how they weren't caught originally, and weren't patch through two rounds of patches (the 2nd of which I believe was rushed out WAAAAY too fast if they weren't planning on a 3rd patch).

I no longer attempt pickoffs when I pitch, and when at bat I no longer extend my lead beyond the normal distance because pickoff rates seems to be around 50%. And to think the new pickoff system was something they were touting.

And the wild pitches are just WAAAAY to much. You can count on at least two per game, which really changes the whole dynamic of my strategy. I mean, why sacrifice in key situations when there's a great chance the computer will move them over for you. Lame.

And unless you manually handle the lineups for all 30 teams, the CPU fields some horrid, horrid lineups. I know they don't need to completely mimic real life, and are based off of some sort of CPU logic, but they aren't even close to reasonable for the most part. Many are willing and able to look beyond this, but baseball games have been getting this right for years, but SCEA seems to have bitten more off than they can chew with all this waiver, rule 5, arbitration, etc. mess they've created.

I'm hoping I will snap out of it and get back into this game, but these repetitive bugs/glitches/annoyances/whatever have saturated my gaming experience. Just needed to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #406
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

SMH, this game may be bound for eBay.

I just can't take the hitting anymore. It's worse than it was in 09 by far, worse than 08 too as far as I can tell.

No matter the slider set or difficult, it's terrible.

95% of my ABs are:

1) Strike out
2) Ground ball directly at a fielder
3) Lazy fly ball to OF
4) Frozen rope right at an OF
5) Home run

I never, ever put together rallies that don't involve a home run. I've never scored more than two runs in an inning without the long ball. The game is just seems to be programmed to have too many "at 'em" balls. Driving me up the wall.

Superb/Meatball, meatball/perfect, meatball/normal. Out, out, out.

So frustrating. I'd like to get a walk, a single, and back-to-back doubles just once in this game.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #407
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I just can't get into the game this year. I'm shocked, as I consider myself a HUGE Show fan. It's the main reason I bought I PS3. And I know that it's still the best baseball game on the market by far, and there are so many things to love about it, but there are just these things that seem to happen every game that make me roll my eyes and wonder how they weren't caught originally, and weren't patch through two rounds of patches (the 2nd of which I believe was rushed out WAAAAY too fast if they weren't planning on a 3rd patch).

I no longer attempt pickoffs when I pitch, and when at bat I no longer extend my lead beyond the normal distance because pickoff rates seems to be around 50%. And to think the new pickoff system was something they were touting.

And the wild pitches are just WAAAAY to much. You can count on at least two per game, which really changes the whole dynamic of my strategy. I mean, why sacrifice in key situations when there's a great chance the computer will move them over for you. Lame.

And unless you manually handle the lineups for all 30 teams, the CPU fields some horrid, horrid lineups. I know they don't need to completely mimic real life, and are based off of some sort of CPU logic, but they aren't even close to reasonable for the most part. Many are willing and able to look beyond this, but baseball games have been getting this right for years, but SCEA seems to have bitten more off than they can chew with all this waiver, rule 5, arbitration, etc. mess they've created.

I'm hoping I will snap out of it and get back into this game, but these repetitive bugs/glitches/annoyances/whatever have saturated my gaming experience. Just needed to vent.
I'm playing a franchise without 30 team control, and I'm in the second year. I keep wondering how long before the budget issues start to crop up.

It almost seems that the devs were upset about being pressured to put out a second patch and hastily released it and now have an attitude about a third patch. It's a shame because this isn't far from being a really great game.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #408
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
SMH, this game may be bound for eBay.

I just can't take the hitting anymore. It's worse than it was in 09 by far, worse than 08 too as far as I can tell.

No matter the slider set or difficult, it's terrible.

95% of my ABs are:

1) Strike out
2) Ground ball directly at a fielder
3) Lazy fly ball to OF
4) Frozen rope right at an OF
5) Home run

I never, ever put together rallies that don't involve a home run. I've never scored more than two runs in an inning without the long ball. The game is just seems to be programmed to have too many "at 'em" balls. Driving me up the wall.

Superb/Meatball, meatball/perfect, meatball/normal. Out, out, out.

So frustrating. I'd like to get a walk, a single, and back-to-back doubles just once in this game.
You are not good at the game and its the games fault? Is this seriously what these forums have come to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »