Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #1241
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
Montero is a DH dressed up as a catcher. Austin Romine is the future Yanks catcher. Montero has great hitting potential but they have no confidence in his catching ability at all trust me. Ramos is a catcher. Ramos im ok with a B remember in the Show now he could build to a A if you train him right.
I will surely make steps to make him good in my franchise play in spite of his B rating. I still think out of a strong list of catching prospects... Ramos is highly underrated at a B rating. Montero is going to be a terrific hitter. Posey will be a good player and a great hitter for average, but I have seen scouting reports with him at 20-25 HR a year and I don't buy into that. And we haven't even mentioned Derek Norris (Nationals fans) or Jason Castro (Astros fans).

I am excited to see the catchers that are coming up! Give em all A's!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #1242
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Austin Jackson could use a bump from a B to an A, considering he was AL rookie of the month and is hitting .350
This^!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #1243
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Austin Jackson could use a bump from a B to an A, considering he was AL rookie of the month and is hitting .350
I agree. Much safer to go with an established young guy than to go with any other prospect just because people are clamoring for it.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #1244
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkasper
Posey will be a good player and a great hitter for average, but I have seen scouting reports with him at 20-25 HR a year and I don't buy into that.
Posey easily and without a doubt has the potential to hit 20-25 plus home runs a year.

Quote:
Derek Norris (Nationals fans) or Jason Castro (Astros fans)
As you and others have shown, you don't have to be a fan of a certain team to mention or talk about a certain player. For anyone who thinks that they have to follow "their team", you don't. I know a ton of people who have only followed teams because they think/feel that they have to for various different reasons.

As for Austin Jackson, he definitely deserves an A potential. I don't care how high his strike out rate is. That means absolutely nothing for a player who has the skill set/ability that he does.

Last edited by Jason_19; 05-07-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #1245
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was just saying...
In a roster where: Buster Posey, Jesus Montero, Wil Meyers, Carlos Santana, Derek Norris, Jason Castro, and Tyler Flowers ALL have A ratings...

Wilson Ramos has GOT to have an A rating too.

Anyway I think the issue is that the Twins have too many A rated prospects already on the roster and one needs to be sacrificed in order to give Ramos an A.

Austin Jackson also deserves an A rating but he is by no means an established player after only one month. He won't bat .360 all season long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #1246
TK-421

M11x's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I was just saying...
In a roster where: Buster Posey, Jesus Montero, Wil Meyers, Carlos Santana, Derek Norris, Jason Castro, and Tyler Flowers ALL have A ratings...

Wilson Ramos has GOT to have an A rating too.

Anyway I think the issue is that the Twins have too many A rated prospects already on the roster and one needs to be sacrificed in order to give Ramos an A.

Austin Jackson also deserves an A rating but he is by no means an established player after only one month. He won't bat .360 all season long.
A player's B potential rating really isn't that horrible. There really isn't high potential players to edit like there was last year; especially position players. Most of the A editable players from the default roster and updates are pitchers.

Last edited by M11x; 05-08-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #1247
Rookie

OVR: 7

Any ETA on V2 yet?
Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #1248
Pro

OVR: 5

While I do not usually get involved in the player ratings issue, I do agree with those proposing to bump Austin Jackson to an "A". Yes, it is unlikely that he will still be batting .350 at the end of the season, but how many other "A" rating players bat .350.

The fact is that so far he is performing well and has been improving by striking out much less frequently than he did in the beginning of the season.

Karle
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »