Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #1233
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Austin Jackson could use a bump from a B to an A, considering he was AL rookie of the month and is hitting .350
Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #1234
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3C4K
Yeah, blowing a perfect opportunity to gain some ground while the Cards had to deal with the Phillies probably had something to do with that. Getting blown out by the Pirates of all teams in the process only added fuel to the fire. Oh well, I've wanted Theriot to play 2nd for a while now, so there's always that.
Same on the Theriot situation. I think he's more suited for a 2nd. It's his naturally position.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #1235
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman2425
Buster Posey, Jesus Montero, Wil Meyers, and Carlos Santana are all better prospects.
Posey=A
Montero=A
Meyers=A
Santana=A
Ramos=B

Meyers is 19 and just got started... Montero is only 20 but is super good. Posey may spend time at 1st base in his career.

I guess I feel that in the MAJOR leagues there are not a lot of great catchers. These guys all are going to make a mark because of that. I feel that Ramos is going to be ready very soon to play in the majors every day for a team. Posey and Montero are also there.

Home runs?
Ramos =31 in 5 years, Posey= 19 in 4 years, Montero=37 in 4 years

You can't tell me that Ramos doesn't at least deserve the A rating like the rest of them! Especially when Meyers hasn't even seen any time yet.

Don't like the Twins much?

Anyway I agree with you that there are some nice catching prospects out there. I meant... 'how many good catchers do you see in the major leagues?' Mauer, McCann, Martinez, um........ Wieters?Suzuki? The top-level catcher pool is rather slim.

Last edited by gkasper; 05-07-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #1236
Rookie

Vanman2425's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkasper
Posey=A
Montero=A
Meyers=A
Santana=A
Ramos=B

Meyers is 19 and just got started... Montero is only 20 but is super good. Posey may spend time at 1st base in his career.

I guess I feel that in the MAJOR leagues there are not a lot of great catchers. These guys all are going to make a mark because of that. I feel that Ramos is going to be ready very soon to play in the majors every day for a team. Posey and Montero are also there.

Home runs?
Ramos =31 in 5 years, Posey= 19 in 4 years, Montero=37 in 4 years

You can't tell me that Ramos doesn't at least deserve the A rating like the rest of them! Especially when Meyers hasn't even seen any time yet.

Don't like the Twins much?

Anyway I agree with you that there are some nice catching prospects out there. I meant... 'how many good catchers do you see in the major leagues?' Mauer, McCann, Martinez, um........ Wieters?Suzuki? The top-level catcher pool is rather slim.
I live in MN, and the hype for Ramos after 1 game just made me a little sick.

I am however not much of twins fan, I'm a Giants fan, and Posey will catch, they just tried him at 1st in ST because they resigned the tub-o-lard Bengie Molina, and they thought they could maybe find time to play him at 1st sometime this year. His future is behind the plate though without question.

You just asked to name better catchers, and I think they did. I really couldn't care less what Ramos is rated, it's a video game, I would personally be more concerned with what he does in real life.

And if you rate a player simply on HR ouput in the minors, then I hope the Giants don't hire you as a minor league scout.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #1237
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman2425
I live in MN, and the hype for Ramos after 1 game just made me a little sick.

I am however not much of twins fan, I'm a Giants fan, and Posey will catch, they just tried him at 1st in ST because they resigned the tub-o-lard Bengie Molina, and they thought they could maybe find time to play him at 1st sometime this year. His future is behind the plate though without question.

You just asked to name better catchers, and I think they did. I really couldn't care less what Ramos is rated, it's a video game, I would personally be more concerned with what he does in real life.

And if you rate a player simply on HR ouput in the minors, then I hope the Giants don't hire you as a minor league scout.
Well I didn't even start talking about his defense yet, which may be his best attribute. A great defensive catcher who is currently managing Minnesota's pitching staff well with Mauer on the DL. A .288 minor league hitting line and power potential.

My point is that everyone on your list has an A rating on the rosters. Ramos is a good person to bump up to an A rating. Some of us were hyped up about him before his lights out Spring Training and major league debut.

Now Austin Jackson is also a prime candidate... so far he has been an ideal lead off hitter. However, he has got to come back to earth some day.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #1238
Rookie

OVR: 3

anyone know when v2 will be released?? Thanks!!
Huskies
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #1239
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3C4K
Yeah, blowing a perfect opportunity to gain some ground while the Cards had to deal with the Phillies probably had something to do with that. Getting blown out by the Pirates of all teams in the process only added fuel to the fire. Oh well, I've wanted Theriot to play 2nd for a while now, so there's always that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
Same on the Theriot situation. I think he's more suited for a 2nd. It's his naturally position.
and he hit a 3 run HR in MLB debut...hope that is a sign of more to come.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #1240
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Montero is a DH dressed up as a catcher. Austin Romine is the future Yanks catcher. Montero has great hitting potential but they have no confidence in his catching ability at all trust me. Ramos is a catcher. Ramos im ok with a B remember in the Show now he could build to a A if you train him right.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »