Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #105
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
It's pretty darn noticeable to me. Especially when I play the demo, then pop in FIFA 10. Huge difference.
Ditto... I see PLENTY of fouls now... it's refreshing. I'm also seeing the computer slow down an attack and take it backwards a few times per game, which is nice as well.

LOVE the demo. Brings me back to my glory days, lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #106
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
It's pretty darn noticeable to me. Especially when I play the demo, then pop in FIFA 10. Huge difference.
Don't own Fifa 10, but have played it regularly at a friends. I thought the demo was brilliant, noticeably better than 10 in the following areas:

-Tackling
-Fouls
-Dribbling
-Presentation
-Overall smoothness of the animations

Still have yet to determine if its a purchase for me. Seeing as I didn't buy Fifa 10, I'll probably shell out the dough for this.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #107
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Don't own Fifa 10, but have played it regularly at a friends. I thought the demo was brilliant, noticeably better than 10 in the following areas:

-Tackling
-Fouls
-Dribbling
-Presentation
-Overall smoothness of the animations

Still have yet to determine if its a purchase for me. Seeing as I didn't buy Fifa 10, I'll probably shell out the dough for this.
I'll agree with this. However, in the developers efforts to create a more "wide open" style of play it seems that they have have taken a step backwards to the 08/09 games.

After my first few games I thought that by changing formations I'd be able to alleviate my having to sprint around the pitch for 90 minutes. Well, that's incorrect. The CPU players have the physically impossible ability to change directions without compromising speed like they did in 08 and 09. Add this to the high build up settings and larger pitch and you have a sprinting ping pong arcade mess. This virtually eliminates the ability to play passing lanes because of the unrealistic speed that the CPU can change directions.

It looks like ONCE AGAIN CTT will have to be adjusted to get a realistic pace. Yes, the CPU does the pass the ball back, but it's sprint......quick pass back....one time forward.....etc....it's a joke.

Additionally, I have been playing a lot of FIFA 10 lately to compare and the second defender press button in this game is nowhere near the response time that it is in FIFA 10. It's similar to 09/08. In FIFA 10 if I hit the second defender press button, my defender moves now, not in this game, or at least nowehre near the majority of the time.

Another CPU issue. They are ALWAYS quicker to get on loose balls around the penalty area on WC. On Pro, my players make an effort, on WC. Nope. How about using ratings like awareness, quickness, positioning, and agility to determine this and some programmed CPU cheats????

I like the smoothness of the animations, I think the fouls are somewhat improved, and finally the speed of the ball has been increased to a somewhat realistic pace.

Hopefully some of the silly CPU cheats that have been in EVERY installment of this series make there way out of the retail version. Highly doubtful though.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #108
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
IThe CPU players have the physically impossible ability to change directions without compromising speed like they did in 08 and 09.
I think I mentioned this in my initial impressions. It feels more "twitchy" (I hate using the term but it works) like 09, which is disappointing since I thought it improved some in 10. But I was hesitant to put too much stock in my opinion since I'm trying to get used to playing the series on PS3 and it's not going too well...
Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #109
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I think I mentioned this in my initial impressions. It feels more "twitchy" (I hate using the term but it works) like 09, which is disappointing since I thought it improved some in 10. But I was hesitant to put too much stock in my opinion since I'm trying to get used to playing the series on PS3 and it's not going too well...

The only ounce of optimism that I have is that I know the Italian team is for the most part very slow, but there is no reason that dribblers should be able to change directions the way they do in this game.

Another thing I forgot to mention was that they STILL have not figured out how to keep the fullbacks from sucking into the center of the pitch leaving the wings wide open. Right now this game is wreaking arcade mess.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #110
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'll agree with this. However, in the developers efforts to create a more "wide open" style of play it seems that they have have taken a step backwards to the 08/09 games.

After my first few games I thought that by changing formations I'd be able to alleviate my having to sprint around the pitch for 90 minutes. Well, that's incorrect. The CPU players have the physically impossible ability to change directions without compromising speed like they did in 08 and 09. Add this to the high build up settings and larger pitch and you have a sprinting ping pong arcade mess. This virtually eliminates the ability to play passing lanes because of the unrealistic speed that the CPU can change directions.

It looks like ONCE AGAIN CTT will have to be adjusted to get a realistic pace. Yes, the CPU does the pass the ball back, but it's sprint......quick pass back....one time forward.....etc....it's a joke.

Additionally, I have been playing a lot of FIFA 10 lately to compare and the second defender press button in this game is nowhere near the response time that it is in FIFA 10. It's similar to 09/08. In FIFA 10 if I hit the second defender press button, my defender moves now, not in this game, or at least nowehre near the majority of the time.

Another CPU issue. They are ALWAYS quicker to get on loose balls around the penalty area on WC. On Pro, my players make an effort, on WC. Nope. How about using ratings like awareness, quickness, positioning, and agility to determine this and some programmed CPU cheats????

I like the smoothness of the animations, I think the fouls are somewhat improved, and finally the speed of the ball has been increased to a somewhat realistic pace.

Hopefully some of the silly CPU cheats that have been in EVERY installment of this series make there way out of the retail version. Highly doubtful though.
And you should doubt it. FIFA is what it is. It's arcade football. I know people will knock me for that and so on. So be it. It's arcade football with sick animations.

Skill ratings do not exist in the game. The game is about speed and strength. The more speed and strength you have on your squad, the more you win. That is why you get no individuality among players. Center backs can pass like midfielders. Strikers and tiny wing backs can tackle like DMs and center backs. Large center backs can chase down fast forwards with ease. Everyone on the field play like each other. And the better the team, the higher the speed and strength, the worse it gets.

And God forbid if you play anything above Professional.

And the God mode...*smh*

I know earlier it sounded like I was in love with FIFA. I like the demo alot. Because, I take it for what it is. At least they give me more freedom on the pitch and more fouls on the CPU.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #111
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
A buddy of mine made the switch from FIFA to the PS3 and he said the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #112
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Man, I far prefer the PS3 version over the 360. I like the controls a lot better, especially the face buttons, which feel MUCH more responsive. But like you said, it could be a lot of just getting used to one over the other.

Either way, I can't wait for this to come out next week! I've played the demo WAY too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »