Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #97
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I'm surprised very few are as excited as I am about the foul system.
I haven't noticed a large difference in my time with the demo. I was able to draw a fair amount of fouls playing 10-15 halves in FIFA10, although there were times when it seemed the CPU could plow through you without a call.

One thing I don't like about the demo is how "twitchy" the players are. It reminds me more of FIFA09 than 10, although to be fair, I'm on PS3 which seems to control a little differently compared to the 360. I get the same feeling (only to a slightly lesser degree) playing FIFA10 on PS3 now after playing it on 360 all season...
Old 04-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #98
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I haven't noticed a large difference in my time with the demo. I was able to draw a fair amount of fouls playing 10-15 halves in FIFA10, although there were times when it seemed the CPU could plow through you without a call.

One thing I don't like about the demo is how "twitchy" the players are. It reminds me more of FIFA09 than 10, although to be fair, I'm on PS3 which seems to control a little differently compared to the 360. I get the same feeling (only to a slightly lesser degree) playing FIFA10 on PS3 now after playing it on 360 all season...
Hmm. I wonder if it has to do with playing styles. All I know is, in this demo, the middle of the pitch is fertile ground for fouls. I can actually use the middle of the field without being cheated.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope the larger pitch will encourage more midfield play
... and less of that bogus super narrow aggressive tactic that 99.99999% of auto-passing onliners use.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #100
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Hmm. I wonder if it has to do with playing styles. All I know is, in this demo, the middle of the pitch is fertile ground for fouls. I can actually use the middle of the field without being cheated.
Don't get me wrong, I saw some fouls in the demo when I took the time to slow things down and play as I normally would -- these short demos have a way of making you rush, rush, rush to score in such a short time. My point was that I didn't see anything in relation to the foul system that made me think it was substantially different than FIFA10. Remember, provided I play a patient game, I didn't have too much trouble drawing 5-10 fouls per game from the AI in FIFA.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #101
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Question Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Don't get me wrong, I saw some fouls in the demo when I took the time to slow things down and play as I normally would -- these short demos have a way of making you rush, rush, rush to score in such a short time. My point was that I didn't see anything in relation to the foul system that made me think it was substantially different than FIFA10. Remember, provided I play a patient game, I didn't have too much trouble drawing 5-10 fouls per game from the AI in FIFA.
Same here. I'll have the play the demo further to see if there is any real notable
difference. Has the FIFA team mentioned a change in this area of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #102
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
Can't agree at all with this. WC10 does little to distance itself from FIFA10.
IMO, it does enough to warrant not keeping 10 around anymore, especially not with 11 coming out a few months later. I figure, I'll get what I can for 10, while I still can get something decent for it. Heck, what's the point of keeping 10 around if most leagues are in the offseason anyway and 11 is just around the corner? Makes no sense to have two FIFA titles. However, I always keep the tournament edition of the game. They're classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
I haven't read too much about this game but will it have online team play like in fifa?
Unfortunately, no. The goal was to have a full 11v11 tournament by the time this game came out, but Simon Humber said they couldn't pull it off because it's a "beast of a mode" or whatever, to port over from FIFA10. He said if they wanted to bring it over, then they would've had to sacrifice The Story of Qualifying, online World Cup mode, or both.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 AM   #103
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
IMO, it does enough to warrant not keeping 10 around anymore, especially not with 11 coming out a few months later. I figure, I'll get what I can for 10, while I still can get something decent for it. Heck, what's the point of keeping 10 around if most leagues are in the offseason anyway and 11 is just around the corner? Makes no sense to have two FIFA titles. However, I always keep the tournament edition of the game. They're classics.

Unfortunately, no. The goal was to have a full 11v11 tournament by the time this game came out, but Simon Humber said they couldn't pull it off because it's a "beast of a mode" or whatever, to port over from FIFA10. He said if they wanted to bring it over, then they would've had to sacrifice The Story of Qualifying, online World Cup mode, or both.
Smart choice by them then to leave it off.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #104
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
It's pretty darn noticeable to me. Especially when I play the demo, then pop in FIFA 10. Huge difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »