Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #377
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Unfortunately I sold 09 last Fall so I can't compare right now. But I was hooked on 09 last year and loved the hitting.

My games, on Veteran right now, are basically all carbon copies of each other at the plate. I'm patient as hell, usually have the CPU pitcher up near the century mark in the 6th inning, get a lot of hits but just rarely score. Way too many hits are a line drive to a fielder that get caught.

Perfect example was a game I just finished at Oakland. I lost 9-2. I left a million guys on base, I think I had 12 hits and five walks. One of my runs came on a solo HR by Tex and I had one GIDP, so other than that I left 15 of 17 men on base.

I'd get a rally going, then still have good at bats, but CONSTANTLY have innings end with back-to-back smoked line drives that are caught. It just happens way too often. I'm not swinging at bad pitches, I'm not making bad contact. It's just "bad luck" almost every game.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #378
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Unfortunately I sold 09 last Fall so I can't compare right now. But I was hooked on 09 last year and loved the hitting.

My games, on Veteran right now, are basically all carbon copies of each other at the plate. I'm patient as hell, usually have the CPU pitcher up near the century mark in the 6th inning, get a lot of hits but just rarely score. Way too many hits are a line drive to a fielder that get caught.

Perfect example was a game I just finished at Oakland. I lost 9-2. I left a million guys on base, I think I had 12 hits and five walks. One of my runs came on a solo HR by Tex and I had one GIDP, so other than that I left 15 of 17 men on base.

I'd get a rally going, then still have good at bats, but CONSTANTLY have innings end with back-to-back smoked line drives that are caught. It just happens way too often. I'm not swinging at bad pitches, I'm not making bad contact. It's just "bad luck" almost every game.
Ehh, I was in the exact same position as you with this game. I am telling you........ change the game to rookie my man and adjust the sliders to favor the CPU. This has saved the game for me.

I don't have a video game ego and have to play on G-d level to enjoy the game. Plus it helps me get adjusted with moving the left stick while hitting.

But as I am sure you already know those things can happen in baseball so when you say constantly I am not sure how many games in a row you are referring too?

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 04-22-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #379
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
I'm just repeating a tip I read here at OS, but when taking a lead do it immediately after the pitcher begins to put himself in the set position. Also, if the pitcher makes a pickoff attempt, don't immediately take a lead....wait a pitch before taking another lead. I haven't been picked off since using this approach. If all else fails, turn down the CPU pickoff slider.
I took the above advice and I am stealing more bases and my CS is lower. This really helps. Good luck

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 04-22-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #380
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

there is no need for an extra lead with your elite base thieves
Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 AM   #381
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Along with some of the other posters i am going to vent about the hitting.

Some games there are too many hits but hardly any runs. I played an extra inning game into the 18th; 3-3 up to that point but I had 18 hits! Also what is the deal with perfect timing on a meatball pitch and flying out to deep left center. It has happened two straight games with Matt Kemp. He is hitting less than .200 and 0 hr's, while Manny is hitting over .500 for me with 4 homers so far.

This shows me that your approach can be the same with each hitter in your lineup and one can be on fire while the other struggles. Obviously there is another process going on within the game determining the outcome of the at bats. I know this ads the sim element, but it can be very frustrating.

Also, seeing a little frame slowdown on some of the broadcast camera shots but not too bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #382
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

i could be a complete idiot but i cant for the life of me figure out how to download te official roster updates or patches either.

It doesnt seen to automatically do it and ive logged in to sportsconnect and cant find them anywhere. Not sure why im missing it but any help will be appreciated.

As for the roster, when i go to browse/download roster vaults, i dont seem to see any official one.

help please?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #383
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
i could be a complete idiot but i cant for the life of me figure out how to download te official roster updates or patches either.

It doesnt seen to automatically do it and ive logged in to sportsconnect and cant find them anywhere. Not sure why im missing it but any help will be appreciated.

As for the roster, when i go to browse/download roster vaults, i dont seem to see any official one.

help please?
The official roster isn't in the vault, but I would recommend Knights roster anyway. The official roster can be downloaded after you first sign on to sportsconnect.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #384
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Any concrete info on a patch #3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »