Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #369
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Once the Sounds of the Show is fixed and i can get all my songs in there this game will be perfect to me,I havent really experienced any other gltiches so hopefully a patch will come soon.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone have an issue with 2 player offline exhibition mode where one of the teams fielders don't get the fielding markers of where the ball is going to land? They're set to on and I even switched them off and switched them back but they still don't work. What's the deal?
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #371
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
The game feels very choppy in broadcast cam.

Someone needed to alert the tech responsible for the coding of the brightness... and detail off white jerseys.

If you play say with batting practice jerseys then your ok cuz theyre mostly solid colors.

I have heard this but I play in broadcast cam and just never really experience any choppiness. There is choppiness is some cutscenes like walkups and replays from time to time, but nothing in the actual gameplay that I have ever seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #372
Rookie

netjam99's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm really enjoying it. Got the game Thursday. Figured out all the assorted menus and various details. Then started my franchise yesterday morning. Already have played six games. My only cheese is that I put my Son in the lineup, yeap 2nd basemen for the Cubbies. He got a HR on his first at bat! His power ratings are very low btw. Contact hitter, good speed and a great defenseman.

Messed around with custom sounds between games too. Holy freaking Cow! I set the Reds HR music to a air raid siren with zombie nation playing along. I was enjoying the other team get homers!

Last edited by netjam99; 04-18-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #373
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

This game is started to annoy me quite a bit, it seems like there are a lot of little things that are adding up, things that weren't in 09.

My guys on the basepath get picked off all the time, pretty much at a rate of one per game. If the CPU attempts a pick off, I'm out. They never throw over and I get back safely (auto base running or manual - without taking a bigger lead). It's like the CPU randomly decides to kill one rally every game by picking me off. I know this is not a user issue in my case.

I've tried several slider sets so far and the hitting just does not have as good of a "feel" to it as 09 did. 09 finally got on the level of MVP and the old 2K games with cursor hitting (2K3-4) in terms of feel, where every time I swung the bat and made contact I could tell where the ball was going. In 09 I could finally I could tell when I crushed a pitch, I could tell when I just missed one, etc. That feeling isn't there in '10. I guess some posters are saying they tweaked hitting to make it harder but it just seems way more random again, like it did in 08 and before. I check the PCI chart after a swing and I'll get a meatball/normal timing on a 4-seamer right down the pipe, smack in the middle of my PCI and I'll pop it up to second. Then my PCI won't even be on the ball and I'll hit a home run. Why is this randomness back?

The fielding seems worse than last year. Auto-fielding or manual, way too many line drives just to right past my outfielders. They'll be right in line for the ball and not even make a play on it. Again, this happens way too often. It happened in past years but not that frequently.

This isn't even getting into all the franchise/roster issues. Getting pretty frustrated.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #374
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm just repeating a tip I read here at OS, but when taking a lead do it immediately after the pitcher begins to put himself in the set position. Also, if the pitcher makes a pickoff attempt, don't immediately take a lead....wait a pitch before taking another lead. I haven't been picked off since using this approach. If all else fails, turn down the CPU pickoff slider.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #375
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
I have heard this but I play in broadcast cam and just never really experience any choppiness. There is choppiness is some cutscenes like walkups and replays from time to time, but nothing in the actual gameplay that I have ever seen.
It's very noticeable my friend and i'm hoping they review this. Right now I'm playing mlb 2k10 because of how bad it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #376
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
This game is started to annoy me quite a bit, it seems like there are a lot of little things that are adding up, things that weren't in 09.

My guys on the basepath get picked off all the time, pretty much at a rate of one per game. If the CPU attempts a pick off, I'm out. They never throw over and I get back safely (auto base running or manual - without taking a bigger lead). It's like the CPU randomly decides to kill one rally every game by picking me off. I know this is not a user issue in my case.

I've tried several slider sets so far and the hitting just does not have as good of a "feel" to it as 09 did. 09 finally got on the level of MVP and the old 2K games with cursor hitting (2K3-4) in terms of feel, where every time I swung the bat and made contact I could tell where the ball was going. In 09 I could finally I could tell when I crushed a pitch, I could tell when I just missed one, etc. That feeling isn't there in '10. I guess some posters are saying they tweaked hitting to make it harder but it just seems way more random again, like it did in 08 and before. I check the PCI chart after a swing and I'll get a meatball/normal timing on a 4-seamer right down the pipe, smack in the middle of my PCI and I'll pop it up to second. Then my PCI won't even be on the ball and I'll hit a home run. Why is this randomness back?

The fielding seems worse than last year. Auto-fielding or manual, way too many line drives just to right past my outfielders. They'll be right in line for the ball and not even make a play on it. Again, this happens way too often. It happened in past years but not that frequently.

This isn't even getting into all the franchise/roster issues. Getting pretty frustrated.
have you played 09 to compare recently? I am in agreement with you on alot of this too. and i'm wondering if i want to try out mlb 09 just to compare side by side...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »