Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #673
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

I know it's gonna sound like defending...but I disagree with you guys on the power ratings.....maybe...MAYBE a slight bump...but

1. You absolutely cannot look at the ratings in terms of scouting. It just does not translate into the game well....AT ALL.
....-because of age and growth....start an 18/19 even 20 y.o. guy out too high to start......especially with an A or B rating....and he gets the call up way too quickly when team make moves either due to trades/off season/injuries.
.....-I try my best to take into account proximity to the MLB call up(which admittedly I haven't really tweaked for yet in teams other than the NL East)

2. You guys got me intrigued...so I took the Binghamton Mets against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats....Brad Holt vs. Kyle Drabek.....Legend pitching/H.O.F. hitting....default contact/power...solid hits +1(that's my only change in sliders)....at Sportsmans Park.
...-in the game I hit a homerun(CRUSHED IT) with Reese Havens(33/27-49/40 contact/power)...and two doubles...one with Jefry Marte(27/31-31/35) and Wilmer Flores(36/39-25-29)(no cheapies either...the doubles were a solid gap shot...the Marte one hit off the RF wall)
....-and the Fisher Cats did the same(actually a triple...but it was the first hit of the game..and I had the markers off...so I had no idea where it was going...but it hit off the wall also)...a homer by Adam Loewen(32/35-33/30)...and doubles(this was the "triple") by Jake Marisnick(31/33-28/39) and C.J. Ebarb(28/25-22-27)...
...another thing to keep in mind...I SUCK at hitting .....
so...

It's a balancing act a little with this game.
Just my thoughts on it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #674
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gabe Gross #18 (a's)
Jesus Colume #37 (mariners)
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #675
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Is there a thread that has the list of changes that will be made in V2?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #676
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, to be honest i mean i have never seen ,documented ,anybody do a whole season minor league only and have stats. Who knows maybe the game takes into account these things when you playing minor league games. While Mike Stanton might have the same power ability as say Mark Teixera you cant give him the same power rating otherwise he his hitting 30 homers his rookie year. A matter of fact the game might take that into account because i have played major league clubs versus their minor league affiliates and the stats are never lopsided.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #677
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd69
I was at Clancy's Friday and Saturday, but I usually go once or twice a month. My brother's more of a regular there. He played on the Clancy's co-ed softball team.
Funny that you mention that. I have played for Clancy's wednesday night mens league for the past few seasons. In fact when I joined the team we won back to back championships over the Brewmasters. Free pitchers after the games! Who is your brother? You can PM me if you dont want it out in the open.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #678
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10

How come you cant edit shoes?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #679
Rookie

OVR: 3

Toronto formally announced the signing of Cuban shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria to a four-year contract worth $10 million.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #680
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Strut is finishing up the stances and motions....
Brunnoce-Mr. Franchise and berenjena will then updated the minor league faces....(that will buy me a little more family time)....
I'm not sure if Razr is going to squeak in between....perhaps he'll wait for me to finish up the tweaks...but...
Once I get the set back for adjustments...I'll be able to give you a better time frame...but it's definitely moving along.

M.K.
Knight165
People are crazy if they don't wait for this version ... you got everyone doing what they do best!! I might scroll through the rosters aimlessly for hours just looking at minor league players ... hope that's not wierd
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »