Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #73
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That's my only concern with the larger pitch -- I shudder to think what full-assist games could look like. Now all-manual should be awesome, but more space to ping-pong it around could be bad. Good thing I don't bother with random games.

What system are you getting this for KG? I'd like to go PS3 since my 360 could die any day, but part of me wants to go xbox to play with friends. Like I really need to continue my run of going out in the first knockout round in OS tournaments...
I'm not sure that I will even get it because I don't see myself playing it over FIFA '10 after the WC ends. If I got it the only reason would be for the OS torneys so I'd probably go the 360 route.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I'm not sure that I will even get it because I don't see myself playing it over FIFA '10 after the WC ends. If I got it the only reason would be for the OS torneys so I'd probably go the 360 route.
I am. The gameplay is better, sicker (though I'm not sure about the speed).
Old 04-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #75
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

My impressions I'll start by saying the last fifa game I owned was world cup 2002. World cup I really get into, Euro I get into but not as much.

When I first booted up the demo I was shocked at how little evolution has taken place. I think the graphics are very bad for a 2010 360 title. I even said 'omg' out loud by myself when I saw what's becoming EA sports's patented frame skipping during simple camera pan's of the players on the pitch.

up close the field where it's supposed to be 'debris' i guess, is just blocks of red, blue and white squares and looks laughable. The player's clothes don't have any kind of cloth movement. Some of the player's faces look good I guess...but I was really shocked at how little has changed from 2002. The commentary seems actually much worse..

I did think the AI was fairly good and it played a decent game of soccer most of the time, but seeing the bad graphics and frame skipping made me angry they are can't figure out how to make it smooth...a game with this level of graphical detail has no excuse to has so much frame skipping in jiddering. This also happens during replays. A bad gameplay element that stuck out was that I didn't win a single battle for the ball in the air or in space. This was very annoying to me. I thought the passing was good, as was a tackle win and what happens to the ball is nice and random.

The whole experience though was underwhelming and overall a bit of a let down.
This game is a cash grab. (even if people enjoy it...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #76
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Bang!

Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #77
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
My impressions I'll start by saying the last fifa game I owned was world cup 2002. World cup I really get into, Euro I get into but not as much.

When I first booted up the demo I was shocked at how little evolution has taken place. I think the graphics are very bad for a 2010 360 title. I even said 'omg' out loud by myself when I saw what's becoming EA sports's patented frame skipping during simple camera pan's of the players on the pitch.

up close the field where it's supposed to be 'debris' i guess, is just blocks of red, blue and white squares and looks laughable. The player's clothes don't have any kind of cloth movement. Some of the player's faces look good I guess...but I was really shocked at how little has changed from 2002. The commentary seems actually much worse..

I did think the AI was fairly good and it played a decent game of soccer most of the time, but seeing the bad graphics and frame skipping made me angry they are can't figure out how to make it smooth...a game with this level of graphical detail has no excuse to has so much frame skipping in jiddering. This also happens during replays. A bad gameplay element that stuck out was that I didn't win a single battle for the ball in the air or in space. This was very annoying to me. I thought the passing was good, as was a tackle win and what happens to the ball is nice and random.

The whole experience though was underwhelming and overall a bit of a let down.
This game is a cash grab. (even if people enjoy it...)
World Cup 2002 is a joke compared to the last three FIFA games. FIFA 10/World Cup 2010 are light years ahead of any next-gen soccer game, if not any soccer game ever (with exception to maybe Winning Eleven 9).

But, it is your opinion so I have to respect that.

Are you playing in SD or HD?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #78
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That's my only concern with the larger pitch -- I shudder to think what full-assist games could look like. Now all-manual should be awesome, but more space to ping-pong it around could be bad. Good thing I don't bother with random games.

What system are you getting this for KG? I'd like to go PS3 since my 360 could die any day, but part of me wants to go xbox to play with friends. Like I really need to continue my run of going out in the first knockout round in OS tournaments...
After playing my first game I thought the larger pitch was going to be a huge problem. I was all over the sprint button chasing Torres and Xavi everywhere.

In the second game the problem was solved when I changed my formation to a 4-2-3-1. I took out Marchisio and brought Gattuso on and Spain didn't get a shot off. Choosing formations becomes a lot more important because of the larger pitch. This is a good thing IMO.

I was also buying this game and the demo did nothing to change that. I like the demo although there are some HUGE framerate issues when using the Broadcast camera.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #79
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

I'll be picking this up on 360 fo sho! Wish it had custom tournaments online and whatnot, but whatevs. And I know I won't go back to FIFA 10 after I play this. Going back will be a regression. I'll just play the heck out of this until FIFA 11 comes out. Might as well trade FIFA 10 in when I get this.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #80
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
World Cup 2002 is a joke compared to the last three FIFA games. FIFA 10/World Cup 2010 are light years ahead of any next-gen soccer game, if not any soccer game ever (with exception to maybe Winning Eleven 9).

But, it is your opinion so I have to respect that.

Are you playing in SD or HD?
HD. I just thought it would be interesting to share my view after having a bit of soccer hiatus. I played I think an '06 title at my buddies place. I'm just being totally honest, I've never been a PES fan slamming fifa products. I actually enjoyed 2002. I just can't believe after 8 years, this is it.

I'm not saying it's not at all enjoyable or that people are crazy for liking it, just that I'm shocked this is what is available in 2010.

Personally I think I'd be most excited if virtua striker made another WC game.

I'm not deliberately slamming the game for the sake of it, just giving a perspective from someone who has no expectations, had enjoyed soccer games in the past and who's main comparison is memories of an 8 year old title. I just don't feel this game is where it should be after 8 years. Getting enjoyment out of it is king, so if many of you really like this; that's great, I myself can have some fun with it, I just thought my perspective becaue I've often brought up the point that if you were presented with games from today 6-8-10 years ago in the sports genre, many of them would have you scratching your head saying "that's it?" especially compared to other genres. For me I can actually claim to have this experience in a way.

Other games would have me properly "wow'd" like UFC, the show, maybe nba2k10. There is nothing about this game to me that is pushing any boundaries and is actually far behind in many aspects. One aspect (the commentary) actually seems to have regressed from an 8 year old game - but that's more possible or understandable than other elements. And I can't get over some of the technical problems given the game's lack of stress in any area (it's certainly not pushing the systems to their limits)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »