Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Played my first match as Spain and got destroyed by Italy, wow, it's been a while since I've played a soccer game! Last one I bought was World Cup 06 but this edition seems to play much smoother. Really love the presentation. The menu system in Fifa/WC series has always shined in my opinion and this one is no different - really like the art style.

Let's GO Riders!
Let's GO Raptors!
Let's GO Broncos!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #66
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

stuttering on ps3 is only noticeable on cut scenes. Gameplay is fine and the speed actually isn't that bad either. I'm loving that the CPU is getting booked on a consistent basis. The CPU has been booked for a straight red card twice already and I got one PK that I missed badly. The shots feel like they have much more "oomph" behind them, which was one of my complaints on past FIFAs. The atmosphere is great and the commentary has more excitement behind it as well. Day one purchase for me.

I wonder if the full game will have alternate language commentary packs available. I love the Mexican commentary. They are very exciting and funny as well.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 32
Loved the demo...Physics and graphics are on point.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I've been playing FIFA on PS3 since 08 and haven't noticed or payed any attention to this stuttering you guys are talking about. And I've played well over 2000 matches.
As rckabillyRaider said, it only happens during cutscenes and it doesn't effect game play. I've played just as much FIFA as you and it is there. What bothers me is that EA continues to focus efforts on presentation when it's clear the engine can't handle running the cut scenes smoothly. It creates more of a disconnect from the atmosphere than the immersion they are trying to achieve.

If you don't notice it, more power to you, but it's there - as mentioned by several folks here and on every FIFA blog I've read that's posted impressions of this demo.

That aside, the actual game play is the best FIFA yet and I look forward to the retail release.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #69
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Question Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
World Class
http://twitpic.com/1f2sa5

Rather suspect looking AI on World Class difficulty. The two chasing Spanish
defenders are moving rather slow and eventually abandon the play with the
one defender just stands there, eventually moving to his right but way too
late. Maybe it's me playing on Legendary but I can't recall the AI being that
weak on World Class.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #70
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Didn't play a lot over the weekend, but I did play enough to see some of the stuff you guys are talking about. I was already planning on buying it because I'm a sucker and the demo did nothing to dissuade me, even if it did feel a little slick on slow speed.

Koshi, I played as Spain against Italy and the Italians definitely passed the ball back and around against me. I'm sure the old "route one" issue is lurking around, but within my first few games I immediately noticed a somewhat more "tactical" AI style. But I tend to play more passively in defense, so perhaps that's why the AI felt the need to work the ball around a little more (not saying it was great, but it made an immediate impression).

To jump off of P2K's thoughts, the AI did seem more believeable on defense with less ball-hawking and pressing. Again, it could be Italy's style, but generally in FIFA, all teams on World Class and above would harass the [bleep] out of you without extensive CTT edits. I think the somewhat larger playing surface helps out the most in this area.

And Phillyfan, I also noticed some improved player movement/positioning. Can't think of any specifics like you gave, but generally speaking I wasn't as frustrated with what my teammates or the CPU were doing away from the ball. Again, I'm sure time will reveal some of the same blemishes we've come to know & love in FIFA, but at first glance it does seem better.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #71
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Didn't play a lot over the weekend, but I did play enough to see some of the stuff you guys are talking about. I was already planning on buying it because I'm a sucker and the demo did nothing to dissuade me, even if it did feel a little slick on slow speed.

Koshi, I played as Spain against Italy and the Italians definitely passed the ball back and around against me. I'm sure the old "route one" issue is lurking around, but within my first few games I immediately noticed a somewhat more "tactical" AI style. But I tend to play more passively in defense, so perhaps that's why the AI felt the need to work the ball around a little more (not saying it was great, but it made an immediate impression).

To jump off of P2K's thoughts, the AI did seem more believeable on defense with less ball-hawking and pressing. Again, it could be Italy's style, but generally in FIFA, all teams on World Class and above would harass the [bleep] out of you without extensive CTT edits. I think the somewhat larger playing surface helps out the most in this area.

And Phillyfan, I also noticed some improved player movement/positioning. Can't think of any specifics like you gave, but generally speaking I wasn't as frustrated with what my teammates or the CPU were doing away from the ball. Again, I'm sure time will reveal some of the same blemishes we've come to know & love in FIFA, but at first glance it does seem better.
I agree Q. Player movement just keeps getting better and better. I could feel the difference between the Italian players like Pirlo and the quicker Spanish Players (Villa & Torres).

I'm sure the larger pitch will help some I think people will abuse the ping-pong passing to counteract the slightly toned down pressure.

Other than that I can't really tell too many differences between this & FIFA '10 because of the 2min halves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #72
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I'm sure the larger pitch will help some I think people will abuse the ping-pong passing to counteract the slightly toned down pressure.
That's my only concern with the larger pitch -- I shudder to think what full-assist games could look like. Now all-manual should be awesome, but more space to ping-pong it around could be bad. Good thing I don't bother with random games.

What system are you getting this for KG? I'd like to go PS3 since my 360 could die any day, but part of me wants to go xbox to play with friends. Like I really need to continue my run of going out in the first knockout round in OS tournaments...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »