Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #273
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

batting behind the pitcher view is ruined again this year....the catcher moves to the exact spot way too early before the ball so u know exactly where the ball will end up just by looking at the catcher.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic78
batting behind the pitcher view is ruined again this year....the catcher moves to the exact spot way too early before the ball so u know exactly where the ball will end up just by looking at the catcher.
I'm not knocking this view but I'm just curious as to why you would want to bat using that camera angle (from behind the pitcher)...

Regardless, I agree with you. If they provide that camera angle then they should ensure that the controls are intuitive and that the game doesn't give away the spot of the pitch so easily.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #275
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Try batting from the "batter" view. That's what it's designed for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #276
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I disagree. The catcher should move if he moves. That's baseball.

I like BTP as well (though I'm going with BTB when hitting for this year) and that's just how it is. You can also see what the catcher throws down from that view.

Up to you to look or not look.

I would hate it if they made the catcher a statue just because we want to hit from that view.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have to agree. Catchers move. I can't remember which catcher, but someone wanted to pummel A-Rod a year or two ago for looking at the catcher right before the pitch. The catcher thought it was 'cheating'. I say it's a smart move if you want to hit well and can find the time to do that. And I can't stand A-Rod for the record.

edit: the only problem in a video game is that if the catcher "catches" you looking at him before the pitch, it doesn't matter in a video game if the next pitch is a bean ball at you. In real baseball the bean ball might deter you from doing that again. Sad but true.

Last edited by Juiceman; 03-23-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #278
Pro

Any news on when the next patch is due? I really want throwing arm, injury and error sliders.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #279
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but has the patch for the PS3 dropped yet? The other day I was prompted for patch 1.06. Is this the same patch as the recent 360 one?
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #280
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I disagree. The catcher should move if he moves. That's baseball.

I like BTP as well (though I'm going with BTB when hitting for this year) and that's just how it is. You can also see what the catcher throws down from that view.

Up to you to look or not look.

I would hate it if they made the catcher a statue just because we want to hit from that view.
I remember back in Bases Loaded II for the original Nintendo, the catcher would stay stationary but only his glove would float around towards the direction of the pitch as it came in (without his arm attached). It was pretty awesome

But yes, catchers should move in video games. This isn't 1990 anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »