Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #113
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Patch Impression Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Here is my problem with the trade logic. They will have a team trade for a position they don't need. For example in the last sim I did I saw a Lance Berkman for Clayton Kershaw swap. That makes no sense, first of all the Dodgers wouldn't trade Kershaw and 2nd of all what are they going to do with Loney? Sit him on the bench?

That's my #1 issue with trades in this game. I don't have to have them mirror real life. I know they won't but I want them to make sense.

To make sure trades aren't wacky (and I agree those aren't very "smart" lol ) we can still set franchise up in a way to prevent the dumb trades though right? Conntrol 30 teams then when a "off the wall" trade happens we can go in and correct it...?

I'm sure there may have been games with a bit better trade logic but I don't think we'll ever have a game with perfect trade logic as there's just too much human factor you can't program in.

When we do get that in a game, 12 hours later they will become self aware and it won't matter anyways....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #114
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
If that's the case the deal would go down like this.

Loney, Kershaw, and a prospect for Berkman. You wouldn't trade for Berkman and keep Loney.
no you keep loney and when berkmans contract expires you essentially dumped kershaws huge salary to make a splash a different free agent.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 4

There are some big trades, but it seems a player only gets dealt once and not over and over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #116
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

When we do get that in a game, 12 hours later they will become self aware and it won't matter anyways....
Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #117
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
To make sure trades aren't wacky (and I agree those aren't very "smart" lol ) we can still set franchise up in a way to prevent the dumb trades though right? Conntrol 30 teams then when a "off the wall" trade happens we can go in and correct it...?

I'm sure there may have been games with a bit better trade logic but I don't think we'll ever have a game with perfect trade logic as there's just too much human factor you can't program in.

This. Since you can basically control any team, at any time.

I'm planning on only controlling "my team". However, if I see something that is out of whack (which I can justify most of the moves) then, I'll consider compensating the team that I feel got cheated. Like in the trade mentioned, I might add Loney with Krenshaw for Berkman (or something similar but first I factor in a the variables- like contact, age. potential, etc). However, with that being said, I don't see myself compensating other team too much.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 03-18-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #118
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This. Since you can basically control any team, at any time.

I'm planning on only controlling "my team". However, if I see something that is out of whack (which I can justify most of the moves) then, I'll consider compensating the team that I feel got cheated. Like in the trade mentioned, I might add Loney with Krenshaw for Berkman (or something similar but first I factor in a the variables- like contact, age. potential, etc). However, with that being said, I don't see myself compensating other team too much.
That's not a bad idea, teams don't usually trade with each other until June at the earliest though so you could keep it on manual until then. I think you are going to notice a lot of trades start to pop up in May. I think that's a bit unrealistic, teams don't start trading that early.

I've got a question, I have instant trades off and since I've already started my franchise there is no way for me to fix it. If I want to go fix a trade I have to wait two days right? I can't just go fix a trade the same day can I?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #119
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Does the computer claim players off waivers? I saw a post a few pages back that he has seen zero claims by the cpu. Also are players called up and sent down by their performance or is it still just due to injuries?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I saw the Yankees trade AJ Burnett for Hideki Matsui when I was simming. I Lol'd.
Same deal as the others, Matsui has an expiring one-year contract, Burnett doesn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »