Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #105
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
So the game still freezes when playing against the Rays? I thought that was fixed?

It is. Don't hit Select.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 10

5 minutes here as well (wireless) but I cant play the game yet as the misses has plans for me... not the good kind either

Cant wait to crack on though, its almost like release day all over again!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #107
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ***Offical MLB 10: The Show Patch Impression Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
AWESOME!

As for the "trades issue"... if having 100% "realistic" accurate trades are for you just set up your franchise to handle it that way. I look at it as my fantasy world... so if something happens that "MIGHT" not happen in real world so be it.
In any case you can set up the franchise to mimic exactly what the rel MLB does so thumbs up SCEA!
Here is my problem with the trade logic. They will have a team trade for a position they don't need. For example in the last sim I did I saw a Lance Berkman for Clayton Kershaw swap. That makes no sense, first of all the Dodgers wouldn't trade Kershaw and 2nd of all what are they going to do with Loney? Sit him on the bench?

That's my #1 issue with trades in this game. I don't have to have them mirror real life. I know they won't but I want them to make sense.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Here is my problem with the trade logic. They will have a team trade for a position they don't need. For example in the last sim I did I saw a Lance Berkman for Clayton Kershaw swap. That makes no sense, first of all the Dodgers wouldn't trade Kershaw and 2nd of all what are they going to do with Loney? Sit him on the bench?

That's my #1 issue with trades in this game. I don't have to have them mirror real life. I know they won't but I want them to make sense.
I can see your point there, the only other aspect that you could 'defend' the AI on with that is; I believe Berkman has a large expiring deal... that way the Dodgers get him for x games this year, then he is off their payroll, where as Kershaw could have a multi year deal that they dont fancy carrying.

Im just speculating, but thats the sort of things I also keep in mind when deals go down.. on the field it might not be ideal, but off it, that could be just what the team wants?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #109
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Haha, in a test sim, Boston also signed Manny in the off season. Some people are just slow learners.
I saw the Yankees trade AJ Burnett for Hideki Matsui when I was simming. I Lol'd.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #110
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
I can see your point there, the only other aspect that you could 'defend' the AI on with that is; I believe Berkman has a large expiring deal... that way the Dodgers get him for x games this year, then he is off their payroll, where as Kershaw could have a multi year deal that they dont fancy carrying.

Im just speculating, but thats the sort of things I also keep in mind when deals go down.. on the field it might not be ideal, but off it, that could be just what the team wants?
Kershaw doesn't have a large deal IRL (he isn't even arb-eligible yet). However, the game may have him making significantly more??? May just be an oversight with Kershaw's contract in the game...that certainly wouldn't ruin the game for me though.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #111
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It is. Don't hit Select.
That sounds way too complicated. Isn't there any easier way?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #112
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz

If that's the case the deal would go down like this.

Loney, Kershaw, and a prospect for Berkman. You wouldn't trade for Berkman and keep Loney.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »