Home

MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #57
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB '10: The Show Patch #2 is Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm pretty sure you can...you just have to wait until January 1st I believe.
(tbarnes posted this somewhere I believe).

M.K.
Knight165
Well, that's good news. I was only a few weeks into the offseason.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #58
Banned

m3commish's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfection11
it doesn't matter if u hit select or not....it still freezes...it could be the 3 inning or the 8th inning.....point is if u start a game in the trop..ur not goin to finish it
And what I was trying to say in an earlier post .. is that, we'll more than likely have to wait for the next patch to get this fixed. Even if, hitting the select button actually worked, you're still going to have guys forget in league (we're only human), and certainly random online players.

Bottom line, it clearly missed the patch cut and we'll just have to wait for this to get fixed.

It's somewhat disappointing for such a team to have such an issue -- I'm not a Rays fan, but will be nice to get this fixed so the masses won't have to tap dance while whistling dixie, just to make it work.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3commish
And what I was trying to say in an earlier post .. is that, we'll more than likely have to wait for the next patch to get this fixed. Even if, hitting the select button actually worked, you're still going to have guys forget in league (we're only human), and certainly random online players.

Bottom line, it clearly missed the patch cut and we'll just have to wait for this to get fixed.

It's somewhat disappointing for such a team to have such an issue -- I'm not a Rays fan, but will be nice to get this fixed so the masses won't have to tap dance while whistling dixie, just to make it work.
Agree with you, but the post you quoted is wrong. It won't freeze if you don't press select.

It only freezes after viewing your bullpen from the quick menu. If you access your bullpen from the quick menu, pause and then unpause the game. You will be able to press select without any issue.

Or, access your bullpen from the Start menu. Again, you're game will not freeze.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #60
Rookie

I think the baseball gods know that Tampa doesn't deserve a Major League team so this is why they have these issues. I will play their games in the Polo Grounds when my Sox come to visit..problem solved and I dont have to play in the god awful dome...ughhh...looking forward to 10 games in the Polo Grounds ;-)
Old 03-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #61
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971

What i would like to know- has anyone bothered with the music pass 255 slots as of yet?
I'm able to save 499 sound files now. I restarted my PS3 just to make sure they were saved, and they are. Very happy to see this was fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I believe it has to do with how you access your bullpen. if you select your bullpen thru select, the next time you hit select after that it freezes. If you use the pause menu for bullpen you should be able to hit select all day without issue. In the three times i played at the Trop prior to knowing about the freeze. That was the scenario each time.

What i would like to know- has anyone bothered with the music pass 255 slots as of yet?
I have. No one addressed my question either. The limit now is 499. This is my first year with the game. Is that what the limit is supposed to be or is there supposed to be no limit?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #63
Banned

m3commish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelastbreathnj
Agree with you, but the post you quoted is wrong. It won't freeze if you don't press select.

It only freezes after viewing your bullpen from the quick menu. If you access your bullpen from the quick menu, pause and then unpause the game. You will be able to press select without any issue.

Or, access your bullpen from the Start menu. Again, you're game will not freeze.
Fair enough. I'm just pointing out that it will be nice once this does get fixed -- as having to perform an outpatient surgery to keep the game from freezing -- is unfortunate.

All this considered, I have every bit of confidence they'll come correct with this slight speed-bump in the road.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 15

Anyone happen to know the size of the patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »