Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #153
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Dear 2k dev,

Your patch has added more issues than it's fixed, especially with the freezing. Pitcher fatigue still resets to 99 which is gamebreaking, we can't see player potentials so we can't tell who to draft which is gamebreaking.

I see CPU players that are stealing bases with a 70-75 speed rating even after I pitchout and immediately throw it to 2nd. They are at 2nd base almost before my catcher even throws the ball. Another gamebreaker.

Please fix your broken game, and as always thank you for flying Con Air.

Best regards,

Your mortgage payer.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #154
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

A patch should really improve your impression about a game and this just doesn't do that. Too much has been said here, but one of the big features we've been waiting for, the check swing, alone is not done well.

A player doesn't pull back on the bat to check swing..... he stops short (and the bat recoils giving the effect of pulling back). We can't effectively check swing in this fashion.

This still hasn't made me forget about MVP offline or on.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #155
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac55
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but since the living rosters update that coincided with the patch release, I have not seen one rocket arm issue. I played about 5 games post patch yesterday and not one issue with rocket arms compared to pre patch.

I am very impressed with the patch and it's made the game even more enjoyable than it was before. Keep it up 2K.
Can you check if they globally decreased the arm strength of every player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

If you start a brand-new franchise (post patch) do pre-season stats carry over and combine into the regular season stats?

I find this hard to believe, but the thread on its making me nervous.

(Can someone please sim through pre-season, and see if the stats mix into regular season? And post here?)
This isn't a post-patch issue. I 100% for sure saw this happen when I simmed the preseason in my franchise. Actually, I still haven't had time to get on and get the patch. Definitely a pre-patch issue just to be clear. Another annoying thing (that I got over) was the fact that on opening day the announcers talked about batters performances in "last night's game" and that the team has lost their last three games, etc. So, there is no preseason cutoff for stats in the records or with the announcers.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #157
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
This isn't a post-patch issue. I 100% for sure saw this happen when I simmed the preseason in my franchise. Actually, I still haven't had time to get on and get the patch. Definitely a pre-patch issue just to be clear. Another annoying thing (that I got over) was the fact that on opening day the announcers talked about batters performances in "last night's game" and that the team has lost their last three games, etc. So, there is no preseason cutoff for stats in the records or with the announcers.
Are you sure your not just seeing stat overlays that are referencing spring training??

Cuz other posters just confirmed they simmed spring training, and the stats were not carrying over and everything seemed normal...
Old 03-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #158
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Also remember that this patch was being worked on before the game was released to the community.

Any new issues that people discovered once purchasing the game weren't going to be fixed until 2K releases the 2nd patch.

It appears that they messed up on the pitcher stamina despite saying they fixed it, but it seems that everything else they promised to fix was fixed.

Perhaps the stamina issue is deeper than 2K thought and because they will be working on a second patch that aims to resolve major community issues, it's likely that 2K will use the 2nd patch to go deeper into why stamina is being reset.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #159
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I hope they fix the position player fatigue and not just the pitchers since that's done wrong as well.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #160
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Are you sure your not just seeing stat overlays that are referencing spring training??

Cuz other posters just confirmed they simmed spring training, and the stats were not carrying over and everything seemed normal...
Yes, I'm sure. I remember looking at the stats in the menus. One in particular was the hot and cold hitters. I think the league leaders board was ok, but other menus had spring training stats. I know I'm sounding wishy washy right now, but I'm just not at my 360 and days past when this happened so I'm going off memory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »