Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #145
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
At the moment there are still some issues that makes the game unplayble to me:
  • lack of hit variety, give me infiled flies and foul balls and I'm ok
  • baserunners do not tag up on sacrifice fly situations, can anyone confirm the problem still exists postpatch?
  • fielders' cannon arms

I really hope 2K is well aware of this and working on it.
The cpu base runners tag up on fly balls vs me all the time.
And I see a ton of hit variety, using BFJ's sliders last night I had a 10 pitch AB with Votto.
I fouled off 5 straight pitches before hitting a HR while using only the contact swing.
I have also seen a lot of infield flies, J. Gomes was 0-4 for me last night with 3 IF pop outs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
The cpu base runners tag up on fly balls vs me all the time.
And I see a ton of hit variety, using BFJ's sliders last night I had a 10 pitch AB with Votto.
I fouled off 5 straight pitches before hitting a HR while using only the contact swing.
I have also seen a lot of infield flies, J. Gomes was 0-4 for me last night with 3 IF pop outs.
I know that by using the defensive swing you can get enough foul balls, but have you experienced a 10 pitch at bat (or close to it) by the CPU? I haven't, I rarely get to a full count and have never seen a foul ball on a 3-2. That's my major gripe since I love analog pitching biu I don't feel like I'm dueling with the CPU hitter.

What about your baserunners? Mine was halfway along the base path while the ball was in air.

I still haven't seen an infield pop fly?

Happy for you anyway, enjoy the game.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #147
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Ok, first let me preface this by saying I'm a one console gamer, and by default of owning an xbox 360 I'm "stuck".

I've found ways to like this game, and make it an enjoyable experience but that hinges more on my love for baseball and the reality that I cannot afford two consoles than anything else.

JBH3 Post-Patch Impressions:

Pitcher fatigue issue - Don't know what 2K did here. It seems like nothing was changed. Why? Because I played a 14 inning game as Baltimore @ Minnesota. Got 1 run early, but then got locked in a 1-1 tie all the way into the 10th inning where Minny's SP Kevin Slowey pitched 10 innings of 1 run ball striking out 10. His pitch count was 120 pitches. For his career, using Baseball Reference.com as my reference, he's never pitched a game at the MLB level throwing more than 110 pitches and any of those such games never extended into the 10th inning.

The stamina glitch does not represent the individual pitcher on the mound. It makes them into a rubber armed, bb throwing, ace. It could be counteracted by forcing an injury upon the CPU pitcher should the CPU manager keep a fatigued pitcher out there for 10 innings and 120 pitches, but I've yet to see an in-game injury.

A new glitch I encountered occurred in the same game mentioned above and then again in a ATL @ PHI (me) game. What happened was when a batter who had previously homered came up again, the cutscene to show that last AB started, and instead of watching it I pressed "A" to get to the actual gameplay. Well the camera just sat zoomed in and locked in on the batter at the plate. The only way to get the game to resume was to bring in a new pitcher. This glitch caused me to bring in a RP that I didn't want to bring in who then gave up two hits and allowed ATL to tie the game, taking a win away from JA Happ who had recorded 8 Ks thus far, allowed only 5 hits, and 1 run through 6.2 innings pitched.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #148
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but since the living rosters update that coincided with the patch release, I have not seen one rocket arm issue. I played about 5 games post patch yesterday and not one issue with rocket arms compared to pre patch.

I am very impressed with the patch and it's made the game even more enjoyable than it was before. Keep it up 2K.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #149
Banned

OVR: 15

The game is unplayable for me until they fix the pitcher fatigue issue. It's unrealistic, and gamebreaking.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #150
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Ok, first let me preface this by saying I'm a one console gamer, and by default of owning an xbox 360 I'm "stuck".

I've found ways to like this game, and make it an enjoyable experience but that hinges more on my love for baseball and the reality that I cannot afford two consoles than anything else.

JBH3 Post-Patch Impressions:

Pitcher fatigue issue - Don't know what 2K did here. It seems like nothing was changed. Why? Because I played a 14 inning game as Baltimore @ Minnesota. Got 1 run early, but then got locked in a 1-1 tie all the way into the 10th inning where Minny's SP Kevin Slowey pitched 10 innings of 1 run ball striking out 10. His pitch count was 120 pitches. For his career, using Baseball Reference.com as my reference, he's never pitched a game at the MLB level throwing more than 110 pitches and any of those such games never extended into the 10th inning.

The stamina glitch does not represent the individual pitcher on the mound. It makes them into a rubber armed, bb throwing, ace. It could be counteracted by forcing an injury upon the CPU pitcher should the CPU manager keep a fatigued pitcher out there for 10 innings and 120 pitches, but I've yet to see an in-game injury.

A new glitch I encountered occurred in the same game mentioned above and then again in a ATL @ PHI (me) game. What happened was when a batter who had previously homered came up again, the cutscene to show that last AB started, and instead of watching it I pressed "A" to get to the actual gameplay. Well the camera just sat zoomed in and locked in on the batter at the plate. The only way to get the game to resume was to bring in a new pitcher. This glitch caused me to bring in a RP that I didn't want to bring in who then gave up two hits and allowed ATL to tie the game, taking a win away from JA Happ who had recorded 8 Ks thus far, allowed only 5 hits, and 1 run through 6.2 innings pitched.
You sound frustrated JBH???
As for the glitch, many of us have seen this glitch.
All I had to do was press down on the d pad which leads you to the sub screen, dont sub just go back to game action and the game will resume. I have read about 4 different people say that is how they to got back to the game. You shouldnt need to sub out your pitcher. If anything sub out a position player dont bring in a cold pitcher.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #151
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You sound frustrated JBH???
As for the glitch, many of us have seen this glitch.
All I had to do was press down on the d pad which leads you to the sub screen, dont sub just go back to game action and the game will resume. I have read about 4 different people say that is how they to got back to the game. You shouldnt need to sub out your pitcher. If anything sub out a position player dont bring in a cold pitcher.
I am frustrated. Thanks for the info on the glitch too. It never occurred to me to use the D-pad and/or sub in a defensive player. I guess since it was my pitcher that wasn't able to throw a pitch and so I assumed I worked the issue by subbing him out.

Yea...I am really frustrated though because I'm getting real tired of these buggy 2K games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #152
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I am frustrated. Thanks for the info on the glitch too. It never occurred to me to use the D-pad and/or sub in a defensive player. I guess since it was my pitcher that wasn't able to throw a pitch and so I assumed I worked the issue by subbing him out.

Yea...I am really frustrated though because I'm getting real tired of these buggy 2K games.
Fortunately they've made it pretty clear that another patch is already in the works, and it will be more focused on "community feedback." Which their way of saying fixing the bugs we all pointed out.

Can you guys check this for me? (Im at work)

If you start a brand-new franchise (post patch) do pre-season stats carry over and combine into the regular season stats?

I find this hard to believe, but the thread on its making me nervous.

(Can someone please sim through pre-season, and see if the stats mix into regular season? And post here?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »