Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic78
hes now up to 117 pitches thrown in the 7th with runners on first and second 1 out and the cpu has left him in to face arod...goddamn this game is so frustrating.

117 is pushing it, even for a workhorse pitcher like a Sabathia.....darn. Was hoping we'd get at least a workaround fix.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hmmm. Pulled after 7 and presumably 120 pitches. Hopefully the pitch counts are being taken into account and the CPU just isn't pulling them after a certain amount of innings. That's almost as bad as the original issue.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #75
Rookie

foofighter2455's Arena

OVR: 6

They really need to add back in from 2K9 two very important features:

1. Ability to cut off throws after they've been made to another base with the LB. You could do this last year and it is a huge part of baseball!

2. The ability to stop throws when you're doing the throw meter in the field. This was in the game last year as well and I know for a fact that people mess up on a throw to the wrong base at least once!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball335
Shoudn't matter how it "sells". If you release a game for a particular platform you should support it FULLY, otherwise don't release it at all.

guys... let's bring it back... bring it back around to being about the patch. This is the kind of thing that becomes annoying when people try to find info in a thread that's already several pages long. I'm not trying to play administrator or anything, but come on, we're clogging up the thread here. Good argument though!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

How are the Inside Edge Batter Breakdowns looking? Are different for each batter. Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #78
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball335
Shoudn't matter how it "sells". If you release a game for a particular platform you should support it FULLY, otherwise don't release it at all.
I can see a possible reason why EA got out of the PC sports game business. I think most people would understand their position and have more practical expectations, rather than preferring an all or none situation. It's pretty ridiculous how expectations have spiraled around here.

Re the patch, [from a casual baseball fan's PoV] I played a few innings this morning and thought there was discernible improvement in how the game played. Nothing huge, just an overall improvement. Biggest thing to me were the check swings, which worked well

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #79
Pro

humaca80's Arena

OVR: 13
Thanks 2k for shafting the PS3. I tried to enjoy 2 bball games this season. What a waste of money!!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #80
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Just finished my first game post-patch.

Impressions:

1) Pitcher Fatigue: I honestly can't say if things are better or not. I played Dodgers (me) vs. Cubs, and they started Randy Wells. Don't really know that much about this guy, so I don't know if he's a workhorse or not, but he made it into the 6th inning with 100 pitches. They pulled him before the seventh, and he finished with 114 pitches. To me, that's still pushing it being that the "average" number of pitches thrown per game is between 95-98. I did notice that the pitcher fatigue bar did reset after the third inning. He was in the 30's in stamina (I was working the count), and then it reset to 99. I am playing with Pitcher Fatigue at 70 in case it matters. This is pretty frustrating, as the pitcher stamina issue was the main thing that I was hoping would be fixed in this patch. 2K needs to get this taken care of in Patch 2.

2) Check Swing: Actually saw one by the CPU, and it was called a strike. Looked good.

3) A.I. Managing: I guess this kind of ties in with the Pitcher Fatigue issue as well, but after I got Wells out, the A.I. brought three other pitchers in. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary like pitchers being left in to lead off an inning (which the Cubs had in the 8th), so that was a big relief. I guess it's better....?

Pitcher Fatigue ABSOLUTELY needs to get fixed. Really takes a lot out of the strategy of the game, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »