Home

MLB '10: The Show Review

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #73
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB '10: The Show Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I never played MVP '05, what was so great about it? I've watched videos on youtube and I was not impressed at all. Everyone keeps talking about what a legendary game it was though.

I'd much rather play '10 than that one, even with all the glitches.
i still have it on pc and play it, if the show had its franchise mode the show would be hands down the best baseball game ever. in MVP 05 you get control of MLB, AAA, AA, A (and its a full 24 or 25 man roster and you can play the games) So when you draft guys they played rookie ball aka A ball and moved up. Its rare a real life pitcher throws the ball exactly where he wants it everytime
Im a fan of The Show's meter pitching, i love it. I love how its accurate yet inaccurate.
Pitching is better in The Show. Hell i like the fielding meter in the circle, you have to adapt to it, thats nice.
Batting is better in MVP, the show 09 was the first one i bought and this years game was the first time i actually got a bloop single, mvp did that in 2005.
Again Franchise is waaaay better.
To me MVP is 1A and The show is 1A.5, its that close.
If you have never played it, then dont judge it on videos on youtube. Its a really great game, so is the show. I play both and enjoy both still and MVP 05 is the only game i can still bother playing from last gen, thats how well its held up
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #74
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Why did MVP stop? Why didn't they continue to make games?

Franchise sounded awesome man, I'd love for the Show to pick up on that but the way I look at it they are adding a little bet every year. Last year they brought us 40 man roster and arbitration hearings, this year they added waiver claims and a hold over Class A roster. Who's to say what's next? Maybe they need to fix their current franchise though before they worry about adding anything else.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #75
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Why did MVP stop? Why didn't they continue to make games?

Franchise sounded awesome man, I'd love for the Show to pick up on that but the way I look at it they are adding a little bet every year. Last year they brought us 40 man roster and arbitration hearings, this year they added waiver claims and a hold over Class A roster. Who's to say what's next? Maybe they need to fix their current franchise though before they worry about adding anything else.
2k bought the 3rd party license to the MLB, hence why the show can be made because Sony well owns SCEA and its a first party game. I really was hoping microsoft studios would have hired the MVP team and made Inside Pitch for the 360. Inside Pitch was a pretty good baseball game in its own right, they had some good offerings but MVP was too strong, back then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 17
weak review; prob the lowest score in the universe for this near perfect game
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
i still have it on pc and play it, if the show had its franchise mode the show would be hands down the best baseball game ever. in MVP 05 you get control of MLB, AAA, AA, A (and its a full 24 or 25 man roster and you can play the games) So when you draft guys they played rookie ball aka A ball and moved up. Its rare a real life pitcher throws the ball exactly where he wants it everytime
Im a fan of The Show's meter pitching, i love it. I love how its accurate yet inaccurate.
Pitching is better in The Show. Hell i like the fielding meter in the circle, you have to adapt to it, thats nice.
Batting is better in MVP, the show 09 was the first one i bought and this years game was the first time i actually got a bloop single, mvp did that in 2005.
Again Franchise is waaaay better.
To me MVP is 1A and The show is 1A.5, its that close.
If you have never played it, then dont judge it on videos on youtube. Its a really great game, so is the show. I play both and enjoy both still and MVP 05 is the only game i can still bother playing from last gen, thats how well its held up
i will add one thing that i thought about while playing The Show last night. In MVP there was more reward for getting the count in your favor and for tiring out a pitcher. MVP would let you know occasionally exactly where a hung pitch was going to be, provided you worked the count and tired the pitcher/ guessed correctly, which i liked. in The Show there is very little advantage to working ahead in the count or tiring a pitcher out, bc they almost become more wild and unpredictable as much as they become more likely to hang a ball.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 20
Christian.....why do you say it lacks innovation?? Its baseball...not a lot to innovate. SCEA perfected it in 2008 so theres not much more they can do except to work on the presentation and other small things. I assume when you say it lacks innovation or they play it conservative I'm sure you are wondering why a hit stick isnt in the game or goofy gimmicks like that. This game is perfect the way it is...no reason to try to add silly features when you already have what works. Poor review!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
1) This belongs in the Bugs and Glitches thread.

2) Workaround here:
[/color]
It still does not work even with the first patch, and you cannot choose double switch after pinch hitting or while hitting, so the go around is not workable either.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #80
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
Christian.....why do you say it lacks innovation?? Its baseball...not a lot to innovate. SCEA perfected it in 2008 so theres not much more they can do except to work on the presentation and other small things. I assume when you say it lacks innovation or they play it conservative I'm sure you are wondering why a hit stick isnt in the game or goofy gimmicks like that. This game is perfect the way it is...no reason to try to add silly features when you already have what works. Poor review!!!
I would have to agree that this was a very poor review as I agree with the reasons stated above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »