Home

MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #161
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: New Rosters Out!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Which is unknown at this time, sorry I paid 60 or this game and I want to play it for the reason I bought it. This is ridiculous that not everything was fixed in this roster update.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherguy619
Well minor leaguers are fully editable so it can be easily re-balanced. Sorry if anybody else already commented, I still have 4 more pages to read lol.
That's the problem, you CANNOT change a pitcher into a position player. So we're stuck with 340 some odd A pitchers, not to mention all the 40+ yr old players with A ratings and numerous 25-27 yr old players with C or lower, it's a mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadillo2 @ Show Community
There's no reason for players this age to have potential lower than their current ability. Doing so destines these players to declining attributes. And all the players suffering from this fall within this age range specifically, so it looks like a bug.

Here's the players in the AL players I spotted:

Team Name Age - Current Grade / Potential Grade
BAL Jim Johnson 26 - C / F
TB JP Howell 26 - B / C
CHW Carlos Quinten 27 - B / C
CLE Joe Smith 25 - C / D
CLE Rafael Perez 27 - C / D
CLE Jensen Lewis 25 - C / D
DET Justin Verlander 27 - A / B
DET Jeremy Bonderman 27 - C / F
DET Joel Zumaya 25 - B / C
DET Zack Miner 27 - C / F
KC Robinson Tejeda 27 - C / D
MIN Jason Kubel 27 - B / C
MIN J.J. Hardy 27 - C / D
SEA Mark Lowe 26 - B / D
SEA Brandon League 26 - B / D
TEX Brandon Mccarthy - 26 - C / D

Please fix this ASAP. It takes two seconds if you have the capability to do so.

It'll be even faster to fix if you can just make a simple code that doesn't allow potential to be below current rating. 47 year old Jamie Moyer has an A potential (as does practically every other 40+ player), so there should be no problem with that setup.

Or just make potential editable so people that care about the rosters can fix them themselves ...

Last edited by 19; 03-08-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #162
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead10
The main problem I believe is that more than 80% of those A players are pitchers.
ya but its good for roster makers...you can move fake players' positions so it doesn't matter. And they could always recreate a "fake" real player if someone's potential is way off. I think its ok maybe great for ppl like knight, but for the guy who wants default rosters its not. BUT you could just take like 50 of those guys down to nothing and release them...they'll retire from ability after a year and be washed out. create some lower rated guys. a lot of work, but not the worst thing that has ever happened
Old 03-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Which is unknown at this time, sorry I paid 60 or this game and I want to play it for the reason I bought it. This is ridiculous that not everything was fixed in this roster update.
all these issues cannot be fixed in a week. calm down, we're way farther ahead than last week, it'll probably be adressed next update. this is livable for now. im waiting for knight anyway, and im not sure the deal yet, but i might guess he'll use these anyway. I think it hinges on if you can change pitchers to pos. player(fake). i though you could, but someone said u can't...idk? it could be worse, you could own an xbox only and be playing 2k10 right now.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #164
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_rad13
Not what I wanted to hear being Marlins fan
Yeah, the Fish are kind of jacked up right now. Maybin is Catching, Baker is playing 3B, and Bonifacio is in Center.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #165
Pro

ThirdDegree5803's Arena

OVR: 8

wow Hill still at a C? I don't even dare to try and download those new rosters and look at the Reds ratings...i'll think i'll just wait for the patch or turn back in the game...

there is only one person that can save me from trading this game in, and he's been the savior of the series for years...M.K. Knight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
wow Hill still at a C? I don't even dare to try and download those new rosters and look at the Reds ratings...i'll think i'll just wait for the patch or turn back in the game...

there is only one person that can save me from trading this game in, and he's been the savior of the series for years...M.K. Knight
Messed up, Hills a B, Linds an A...McGowan dropped from an A to a D tho....the reds have 19 A rated players now!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 1

What today's roster in effect did was add quite a few A and B rated prospects. We have been told that there is a finite number of each letter potential that the game is capable of functioning properly with. This appears to not be accurate.

If adding and changing up all these player potentials does not in fact affect the game adversely, can anyone give a good reason why they don't just allow us to edit potential ourselves. We own the game after all.

Again, if it's a matter of this causing problems with the game then I am fine with the restriction. But the roster update today seems to contradict that assertion.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #168
Pro

OVR: 8

Anyone still get the mess up rosters, where Jeter is in CF and etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »