Home

MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: New Rosters Out!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Is there a reason that SCEA just doesn't let us edit potential. Also, is potential 100% guaranteed? There should be some A potential guys who suck and some F potential guys who come out of nowhere and are superstars.. ala Albert Pujols. He wasn't on anyone's radar coming up, but look at him now.
I read in another thread, from one of the SCEA posters, that there was a good reason for it and that if they let us, the game could crash. I dont remember the thread and dont the exact reason. Something to do with certain calculations on the backend or something.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #90
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Is there documentation about this? Cause I keep hearing about it, but I've never seen it in my franchise yet.
Can someone take pictures put or put up a video.
I don't know of any official documentation for it but Knight(I think it was him) was talking about it in the Community Day thread.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
I don't know of any official documentation for it but Knight(I think it was him) was talking about it in the Community Day thread.
I remember him saying it too, but I haven't seen it in game yet. I can't find anyone else besides Knight who has seen it happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #92
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Guys just a heads up for those setting rosters, I've seen some strange things in the minors, i.e a catcher in the bullpen for nats AA
What in the world? How is this happening and is this a confirmed bug? Hopefully controlling all 30 teams will prevent this. I swear for as good as MLB The Show is in some areas it is equally terrible in rosters, trade logic, etc. There's ALWAYS something, every single year. I guess I should be happy that they actually try and fix their problems though. I'm going to go home today, start editing rosters and try not to look on this forum anymore (I'm sure that won't last long) so that I don't realize that Roy Halladay is now the starting right fielder for a rookie league team in the Dominican.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 8

Iam aliitle confused about the 08 Ros update. Why Is S. Strasburg a free agent. Did I miss something over the weekend, or am I reading it wrong, and how does this affect franchises moves. Because it shows Strasburg a free agent on my update. Hop
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock88
Looks like they still didnt fix the wrong positions issue (Jeter at CF, Granderson at SS, Thome at RF, etc.) No biggie though.
Also Orlando Hudson & J.J. Hardy are reversed. (Minnesota Twins) Though both have second positions listed as the ones they are set to play in the roster. Also Casilla of the Twins is listed at #35 when in fact he is wearing #12. Hudson is listed as #13 when in fact he wears #1. Morales at #58 instead of at #26.

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 03-08-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #95
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Am I the only one who thinks players playing in the wrong positions is a big deal? Sorry, but if Jeter is in center field, that's kind of a game-killer for me. Or if Pujols is catching. Come on.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #96
Pro

OVR: 11

I haven't read through the entire thread, so excuse me if someone has voiced this opinion.

To me the 140+ A-potential players should not be an issue. If you think about it, there are 30 teams which means if you released and re-signed all the A-potential guys evenly across the league you would end up with only 3 or 4 A-potential players on each team.

I don't think it's crazy to say that the top 3 or 4 players in each organization have the potential to be very, very good. Also, as far as I know, just because they have A-potential does not mean necessarily that they will turn out to be stars.

So if you are planning on doing your own roster like I am and you do your homework, it should be easy enough to dish out the A-guys around the league as you see fit and go from there.

Just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »