Home

MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: New Rosters Out!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Yep, that is still messed up. You just need to enter their defensive positioning, and save it.,

Also it said Gil Velasquez for the Sawx put into Free Agency which it shouldn't cause he is still with the team on AAA. But in the roster he is there, so that is a good thing.

Some weird thing going on with their Rosters this year.
The thing is, if you start a franchise that all go back to their normal positions, really strange
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

you guys are all freaking out over a stupid little letter. if someone has a c potential and is a younger player he can still reach a potential it all matters about the on field play. so dont have a mental fit if your favorite player has a c potential because he can still be an all-star player. so some older guys might have an a potential but if he has a bad season his potential will go down to a c or worse so you guys just need to relax.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I honestly don't think potential will matter any way as far as people worrying the A prospects will take over the roster.

This year players are not promoted even in the offseason. I had Strasburg who was the best player on the Nats...in year 3 of the franchise still in AA and not on 40 man.

In all my sims only time they get called up is to fill a position due to retirement or injury or trade.

Multiple season franchises are tough because you will find Strasburg make 8 mil in AA not on 40 with 0 years MLB service time.

Sim ahead a couple years and you will see tons of A prospects making millions of dollars not on 40 man rosters.

If these kind of issues can't be fixed, then gamers like most us (hardcore realists) will not have any use for playing the season past 2010 on this game.

Here's an exchange from the thread Russell_SCEA started regarding the player potential glitch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Hey Russell - any chance of making potential something that can be edited? Curious as to why it was made static.

Thanks for always being on top of things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No we can't do that it would break the system. This is why Kolbe and Jeff haven't given users the ability to do this yet. The way the game works is there are only so many A potential guys, B potential, etc......

So if the above is accurate, then potential is either static or else with every player who drops from say an "A" to a "B" due to performance...there would have to be exactly one player who rises from a "B" to an "A" based on performance. Seems more complicated than these guys would actually be able to pull off in regards to rosters, given the issues we have seen to this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinst21
you guys are all freaking out over a stupid little letter. if someone has a c potential and is a younger player he can still reach a potential it all matters about the on field play. so dont have a mental fit if your favorite player has a c potential because he can still be an all-star player. so some older guys might have an a potential but if he has a bad season his potential will go down to a c or worse so you guys just need to relax.
That's not the point. I don't care about how my favorite players are rated. The problem is if guys are seeing Pujols dealt multiple times in one season, and Strassburg making $8mm a year three seasons from now in AA, then this is still completely fubar.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
Am I the only one that remembers that potential is not static this year? Players that over-perform and under-perform are supposed to have their potential rating change. So, while there are probably too many A potential prospects and it's heavily favored towards pitchers, there's no guarantee that they'll pan out as such unlike in previous years.
Is there documentation about this? Cause I keep hearing about it, but I've never seen it in my franchise yet.
Can someone take pictures put or put up a video.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #78
Pro

GoBucs09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo138
....then potential is either static or else with every player who drops from say an "A" to a "B" due to performance...there would have to be exactly one player who rises from a "B" to an "A" based on performance. Seems more complicated than these guys would actually be able to pull off in regards to rosters, given the issues we have seen to this point.
I agree here. I don't think the excess number of A potential Pitchers in the Minors can be resolved with a roster update. I think it's a bug and they are looking for it.

The Roster update fixed what it could, the rest is likely a bug. The remaining star players that have incorrect (ie. Cano) potential ratings likely are owned by the fake minor league pitchers due to this bug.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #79
Just started!

OVR: 4

To the thread author, thanks for the headsup post.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Jeter being an A potential just means he's still maintaining a high level of play....it doesn't mean he'll get any better....all the superstars who are still playing at a high level should have A potentials and rightly so

In Jeter's case he's showing zero signs of dropping off, in fact he had one of his finer years last year....that A poetntial for him is accurate

And it doesn't look like they addressed player potential in this update....Ryan Zimmerman on the Nats is still a D potential
??? Zimmerman is an A, I just checked

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »