Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #625
Banned

levalution's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
I completely agree with your first point. The game is awesome, I love exhibition and HRD. Which brings me to your second point and why I'm frustrated/disappointed. While Franchise, technically "works" and there are workarounds that aren't unreasonable, it just doesn't seem to be up to SCEA standards.

Maybe they had too many ambitious goals and had limited time to work on Franchise. Which is why for next year I hope they focus on just putting out the best product and cut down on new features. On March 2nd, 2011 I want to put in 11 The Show and take a look at franchise and say, wow this is awesome. Check this out, check that out, this is sweet. Can't say that about '10.

I digress though and am confident that the SCEA team will work on the franchise issues and get it up to par before the end of the month.
exactly...the frustration comes from the fact that the issues are so basic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #626
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

wait, so we are not getting a franchise patch?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #627
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Im not looking to get into a flaming war or anything and I fully appreciate the anger/disappointment that some people are feeling etc.

But to say that the game does not work as some are saying is simply a lie.

1 - Gameplay works, fact is it plays a game of baseball thru innings 1-9 and extras if required. My opinion is that is does a good job of that, which is portrayed in all modes including Franchise.

2 - Franchise mode works. The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along. Now 'realism' is something alot of people strive for, but 'realism' is not a gamebreaker.... once you start a Franchise and let the CPU take control, then you instantly enter into a fantasy world, where by the CPU will do what it feels best for its team(s). Pujols for instance may well be a superstar, but if the CPU thinks, well I can cut his salary and acquire 3 'A' future stars then well thats a good thing. Realistically it would not play out, but in game... well its another 'realm'.

Ive waffled but the point of this post is, the mode works, there may be actual glitches/bugs that could do with ironing out, but the mode works and if you can look beyond what should happen IRL then the mode would be alot of fun, seeing teams acquire new talent and try to make themselves something they are not.

Finally I have no doubt that SCEA will actually listen to the 'realism' angle and patch the game to do what it can to mirror real life, but as it stands try to enjoy it. The gameplay is there and you do have a working Franchise mode that will let you play out an MLB season.
Umm, your point 2 is a flat out lie. You said:
"The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along."

The way it is now the CPU TRADES YOUR PLAYERS FROM YOUR TEAM.

So, by using your very own definition of the premise of Franchise Mode it IS broken. You are wrong, we are right. NEXT.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #628

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
Umm, your point 2 is a flat out lie. You said:
"The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along."

The way it is now the CPU TRADES YOUR PLAYERS FROM YOUR TEAM.

So, by using your very own definition of the premise of Franchise Mode it IS broken. You are wrong, we are right. NEXT.
I swear, you just go around instigating things every chance you get. Do you not know how to respond to people without calling people "liars" or similar statements? I guess one mod warning you wasnt quite enough, I wouldnt be shocked if your 2 week stay didnt last much longer.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #629
Banned

levalution's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
i hope we are....really hope we are...

i would say that if we dont i am done with this "sim" but the truth is we have no alternatives as long as the 2K people keep having 13 year olds develop their software...so as they say in the joint...bite down and enjoy the ride.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #630
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

If you want to turn a good board to a bad one is have a game with glitches and bugs.I have yet to buy the game and I will wait until the season gets closer. Guaranteed most of the issues will be fixed. Just chill, the game will be fixed and the issues will be resolved, SCEA has a good track record and they will come thru.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #631
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
So downloaded new rosters. Trade logic is still awful.

May 21st: Albert Pujols traded for Chad Moeller, Broderick Giambi, and Roumlo Delgaudio from the O's

June 30th: Albert Pujols traded for Odalis Marte and Jimmie Edmonds from the Giants

Pujols traded twice?!?! Come on man, this is awful!!!!

Do you guys play with budgets on or off?? I play with them off and have not seen a lot of the trade problems other people are seeing. Not saying that its fullproof, just havent seen crazy trades like everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #632
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I can't say with 100% certainty as I don't work for SCEA or have any inside knowledge...but I would be shocked...completely shocked, if they didn't release a patch to try and address the issues that were spoken about in Kolbe's initial post.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »