Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #617
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I just checked the Yankees roster and there are 2 or 3 A level prospects, so I don't think thats bad at all.
They have 6 in my test franchise. Maybe you weren't counting those in AA and A.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #618
Pro

GoBucs09's Arena

OVR: 6

Goal for MLB 11 The Show

Features:
Most up-to-date rosters
Believable working potential system
Decent trade logic
Playable Franchise out of the box

Forget everything else, that's all I want. Nothing else. No other new features, just franchise. Everyone focus on franchise and spend months and months testing it and fixing it. Hire an extra 100 people just to work on the Franchise. Where's the suggestion box?

Sorry, I'm frustrated.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #619
Rookie

OVR: 3

so do we have a date on when the patch to fix the franchise bugs will be released??
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #620
Banned

levalution's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I thought the same thing when I first played the game.
I work in a advertising agency, and you usually theres a person in charge for checking for mistakes. If we let out a ad to a client, with this many blatant mistakes, the person whose in charge of supervision would be fired on the spot. One or two hard to find mistakes, would be cool. But most of the bugs in Franchise are pretty big. I'm not callling for anyones head, it just makes you wonder how so many big and obvious issues like this slip through the cracks.
what i am saying is that they did not slip through the cracks. unless the company is run out of a garage, upper management is made aware of these types of issues by middle management (project managers, testing leads etc...) so they can cover their *** in case **** hits the fan...at that point upper management needs to make the call...hit the release date with a buggy version or take alternate course of action....i think its obvious what they went with. i also dont think it should be lost on people that we got a patch the day after the release and a significant one at that.

listen, i am not judging...maybe testers dont get enough time, maybe they are overworked and underpaid (like the rest of us), who the hell knows...what i am saying is that no one should be under impression that the game is released and it takes for a 12 year old sitting at home to discover that in franchise prince fielder gets put on wavers and albert pujols gets trades 3 times in 2 months....its a decision...one thats made FOR US...in the interest of business requirements A.K.A MONEY
Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #621
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
Goal for MLB 11 The Show

Features:
Most up-to-date rosters
Believable working potential system
Decent trade logic
Playable Franchise out of the box

Forget everything else, that's all I want. Nothing else. No other new features, just franchise. Everyone focus on franchise and spend months and months testing it and fixing it. Hire an extra 100 people just to work on the Franchise. Where's the suggestion box?

Sorry, I'm frustrated.
you don't have to hire anyone, send me a copy and I could have IDed every problem in this thread within an hour of getting it, I did once I paid for it anyways. I've got a job, make more than enough money, you don't have to pay me and I'd even send in $60 for the advanced version as long as the one I bought at the store worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #622
Pro

OVR: 10

Im not looking to get into a flaming war or anything and I fully appreciate the anger/disappointment that some people are feeling etc.

But to say that the game does not work as some are saying is simply a lie.

1 - Gameplay works, fact is it plays a game of baseball thru innings 1-9 and extras if required. My opinion is that is does a good job of that, which is portrayed in all modes including Franchise.

2 - Franchise mode works. The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along. Now 'realism' is something alot of people strive for, but 'realism' is not a gamebreaker.... once you start a Franchise and let the CPU take control, then you instantly enter into a fantasy world, where by the CPU will do what it feels best for its team(s). Pujols for instance may well be a superstar, but if the CPU thinks, well I can cut his salary and acquire 3 'A' future stars then well thats a good thing. Realistically it would not play out, but in game... well its another 'realm'.

Ive waffled but the point of this post is, the mode works, there may be actual glitches/bugs that could do with ironing out, but the mode works and if you can look beyond what should happen IRL then the mode would be alot of fun, seeing teams acquire new talent and try to make themselves something they are not.

Finally I have no doubt that SCEA will actually listen to the 'realism' angle and patch the game to do what it can to mirror real life, but as it stands try to enjoy it. The gameplay is there and you do have a working Franchise mode that will let you play out an MLB season.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #623
Banned

levalution's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Im not looking to get into a flaming war or anything and I fully appreciate the anger/disappointment that some people are feeling etc.

1 - Gameplay works, fact is it plays a game of baseball thru innings 1-9 and extras if required. My opinion is that is does a good job of that, which is portrayed in all modes including Franchise.

2 - Franchise mode works. The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along. Now 'realism' is something alot of people strive for, but 'realism' is not a gamebreaker.... once you start a Franchise and let the CPU take control, then you instantly enter into a fantasy world, where by the CPU will do what it feels best for its team(s). Pujols for instance may well be a superstar, but if the CPU thinks, well I can cut his salary and acquire 3 'A' future stars then well thats a good thing. Realistically it would not play out, but in game... well its another 'realm'.

Ive waffled but the point of this post is, the mode works, there may be actual glitches/bugs that could do with ironing out, but the mode works and if you can look beyond what should happen IRL then the mode would be alot of fun, seeing teams acquire new talent and try to make themselves something they are not.

Finally I have no doubt that SCEA will actually listen to the 'realism' angle and patch the game to do what it can to mirror real life, but as it stands try to enjoy it. The gameplay is there and you do have a working Franchise mode that will let you play out an MLB season.
point taken...however if you ask anyone involved with the game if the goal was realism (as much as possible) its obvious they will say yes...thats the company line (its on the front of your box). and that being the case, its unacceptable that the game has such glaring issues. i can understand if there is an advanced piece of code thats faulty (ive been there....and ive done that) however the fact that the 2nd best 1B in baseball shouldn't hit wavers at 26 (or however old fielder is) is fairly obvious no?

its like you are saying you pay 60 bucks for the gameplay and everything else is fair game as far as working well or working at all...i dont think you will get many to agree.... especially in these economic times.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #624
Pro

GoBucs09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz

I completely agree with your first point. The game is awesome, I love exhibition and HRD. Which brings me to your second point and why I'm frustrated/disappointed. While Franchise, technically "works" and there are workarounds that aren't unreasonable, it just doesn't seem to be up to SCEA standards.

Maybe they had too many ambitious goals and had limited time to work on Franchise. Which is why for next year I hope they focus on just putting out the best product and cut down on new features. On March 2nd, 2011 I want to put in 11 The Show and take a look at franchise and say, wow this is awesome. Check this out, check that out, this is sweet. Can't say that about '10.

I digress though and am confident that the SCEA team will work on the franchise issues and get it up to par before the end of the month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »