Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #569
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

So what is the workaround for all the major issues?

Can anyone give me the cliff notes version.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #570
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
So what is the workaround for all the major issues?

Can anyone give me the cliff notes version.

I created a whole new thread stating the workaround(s) for the issues...
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #571
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You sir have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. No developer comes close the SCEA as far as support. Well the Show crew anyways...
They also have lives so maybe you should understand
1: No game in history has been releases without issues and
2: It's a VIDEO GAME and SCEA will fix issues, period. They work looong and hard and miss tons of time with their families to bring this game to you. Don't like it then trade it in and move on and skip next years version.
To say these guys take your money and go on vacation right after is idiotic. They've been here damn near every day since release getting feedback etc... Try actually knowing what you are talking about before you post something likie that again.
I thought you rarely came to this site anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #572
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
If anyone gets a chance can they please test this? I see it has been reported in bugs section. I have simmed to year 3 checking things to see if issues improve, (trade logic does, minor leaguers don't get promoted though for some reason )

Any way I am at a point where I am stuck and will not let me advance. Aug 11, 2012. Other have said May. What I did was stop sim look in email....stuck!!!

Can any one try see if it does it?
Ok I went back into the save file and put my profile on ALL teams. I found out that a teams AA roster did not have enough position players in it. I brought players up and boom could get past.

Problem is the cpu for some reason is not promoting players even when it needed to off of A level. If I did not have 30 team control I would be stuck.

You will not see A potential prospects that are the best on there team's roster until 26 or 27 when all other players are either traded or retired.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #573
Rookie

OVR: 8

So i can control all 30 teams and only play with the one i'd like to and the ridiculous cpu trading would stop. But the other teams would still play its games without me controlling them..Can i control all the teams in the same season every time i play with a team the other would have different records? Idk clarify this plz ..
Old 03-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #574
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Ok I went back into the save file and put my profile on ALL teams. I found out that a teams AA roster did not have enough position players in it. I brought players up and boom could get past.

Problem is the cpu for some reason is not promoting players even when it needed to off of A level. If I did not have 30 team control I would be stuck.

You will not see A potential prospects that are the best on there team's roster until 26 or 27 when all other players are either traded or retired.
The fact that you are controlling all 30 teams may be the problem. The game worked fine last year without that option. It's a shame they wasted programmer time on that issue and now will spend more time fixing all the problems it has caused instead of fixing the already existing gameplay issues.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #575
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens1352
I thought you rarely came to this site anymore
Rarely > Never

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #576
Rookie

Dreifort's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This stuff will be fixed...that is why this thread was started, Kolbe was letting people know what plans of action they were taking to fix these issues.

And while one shouldn't have to do all these workarounds...it could be worse. You could not have any workarounds to use to avoid these issues and play franchise while you wait for the patch.

For me, workarounds are not a solution....but regardless of that, you are corrrect - these issues/probs will get fixed.

But how long will it take? and how many updates? There are not just a small handful of problems. The RTTS, the online game, the Manager Mode has issues, stadiums have issues, etc.

This game is great because it offers so many modes and platforms to play on. But this amateur release has bugs in everyone of those modes and/or platforms.

Who cares if they are on vacation or not (everyone deserves time off)... its just a matter of the game being so deep in bugs & glitches that it will take some time to correct (regardless of who, if any, take vacations).

Don't see a bugs thread in MLB2k10 section? While I'm sure it has it's own bugs - not so many to warrant their own thread.

$60 games are $60 for a reason. Having so many bugs in a release is not one of them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »