Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #457
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I wouldn't say that is entirely correct... Yes, guys get released and FAs will be there etc.. But with player movement, this is exactly what I am seeing:

With injuries OFF(just testing purposes): There is NO player movement whatsoever! Meaning IMO, the ai will NOT move players on their own due to performance. The only movement is on april 5th, or the 7th when season starts(and its the same players everytime i believe).

With injuries ON: The player movement was there and in abundance! But ONLY because of injuries to minor league players, not because of their performance on the field.

Now, there is an option you can do to go about working around it. I personally will be playing with Injuries ON more than likely(but seriously thinking about turning them OFF too, ur decision).

And I noticed at the 1st of EVERY month starting May 1st each team gets emails concerning "struggling AA or AAA player" from the previous month. Also emails about a few players that did really well.

What I'm going to do and I suggest is control all 30 teams, and each month move those FEW(not 20, so its not alot of work) up or down depending on the email. It sounds like a pain, but it really won't take long at all to do honestly. And if you have lineup/rotation set to auto you don't have to set that after u move players around.

I would actually prolly turn player movement to manual on the settings on the day you do that and leave it there for the next day just in case the cpu decides to move them back on their own. Then switch it back to auto so they can move them around for injuries, if u have injuries turned ON. If you set injuries to OFF, then I would just set player movement to manual until September 2nd(after you manually move the FEW players), then switch it to auto that way on September 7th the cpu can do their "september call-ups" which most teams will do.

I know its alot, and sounds confusing maybe, but this is what I've found everytime I sim a season in franchise. Its going to be a great franchise IMO, can't wait to start mine!

So then which is it? Will the AI move players up and down? Whether it's broken right now or not, does it exist? If it's there, it can likely be fixed via patch.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #458
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

They will move players up and down, just not due to performance. When they do call ups in september, there's no way knowing why they choose the players they do. Exactly what i posted is how it works and what happens as far as player movement. Test it out yourself with injuries OFF and watch how there is NO player movement. Then turn injuries ON and you'll see a ton of movement. Again my suggestion is to manually move players by going off the emails each team recieves at the 1st of each month.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #459
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
They will move players up and down, just not due to performance. When they do call ups in september, there's no way knowing why they choose the players they do. Exactly what i posted is how it works and what happens as far as player movement. Test it out yourself with injuries OFF and watch how there is NO player movement. Then turn injuries ON and you'll see a ton of movement. Again my suggestion is to manually move players by going off the emails each team recieves at the 1st of each month.
You're right T...
I must have had injuries on.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #460
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It also tells you on the players...player card if he is Rule V eligible or not.

M.K.
Knight165

any idea how the game determines rule v eligibility? the game only tracks MLB service time, so im guessing age, 23?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #461
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
any idea how the game determines rule v eligibility? the game only tracks MLB service time, so im guessing age, 23?
I believe so...but I'm not sure.
That's the most logical...making everyone "created as signed" as 19...but I don't know if they vary it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #462
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Its all good knight lol...just trying to clarify what problems there is and arent there.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #463
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Ok so what's the verdict again on settings? I'm seeing all of this crazy stuff like turning roster control on and then off again, manually moving players to and from the minors...I can't wrap my head around it! :-)

In order to have a realistic MLB universe, which will not mirror real life MLB after day one, what do I need to do exactly?

Thank you!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #464

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Ok so what's the verdict again on settings? I'm seeing all of this crazy stuff like turning roster control on and then off again, manually moving players to and from the minors...I can't wrap my head around it! :-)

In order to have a realistic MLB universe, which will not mirror real life MLB after day one, what do I need to do exactly?

Thank you!
Leave roster control off, select all 30 teams while assigning your profile to your team and "no profile" to the other 29 teams. Set your global settings how you see fit as they will decide how the CPU teams act during the season, thats it as far as I know. Knight can correct me if Im forgetting something Im sure.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »