Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #425
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

well, I just did the cpu control on and off trick, none of my players were moved, I don't think I saw ANY trades at all, which is better than them trading my players.

but I got to the second season and went to set my AA lineup (i was the Astros) and it froze.

This is whack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #426
MVP

OVR: 13

Nice job you guys on this "workaround". This should hold me over in my test franchise until the patch drops.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #427
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
Yeah, It works with the DEFAULT ROSTERS.
I found the method to work with saved rosters as well, but there is a catch as I simmed it 3 times. The catch is that the movement in the league is almost non existent, with maybe a trade here or a move there. It does work though, and the comp does put people on the trading block.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #428
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
I found the method to work with saved rosters as well, but there is a catch as I simmed it 3 times. The catch is that the movement in the league is almost non existent, with maybe a trade here or a move there. It does work though, and the comp does put people on the trading block.
Did you freeze during the offseason like I did, or do you think that was a one time problem? Also I had done the fantasy draft, if that makes a difference.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #429
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
But that's NO trades?
None even offered?
I don't think this work around has anything to do with rosters.
It's gotta be the switch for CPU ROSTER CONTROL...and with you saying no moves are made...it also sounds like it's staying on because injuries are off.
I think if you're able to get injuries on...the CPU will move guys.(up and down)

M.K.
Knight165
I still feel the best workaround is controlling all 30 teams with 2 different profiles. At least that way there is still movement in the league. This way I feel like I'm playing a stagnant season no call ups/ trades hardly at all.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #430
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I posted this in a different thread in where they were discussing the effects of the player potential fix, but it answers your question as well..

-------------------------

a majority, if not damn near all, the players being put on trade waivers or even traded for prospects are players that are in the last year of their contract and:

* are in a big money contract

* are old

I don't believe the player potential fix will eliminate this from happening. Teams are looking to dump big salary players for cheaper, high ceiling, prospects. Not sure there is anything one could do to fix this outside of controlling every team.

This is something we have asked for in the past, but I think the logic isn't quite worked out. Players should only trade big name free agents after July 1st AND if they are more than 6 games back of a playoff spot.

Another thing is the cpu sees arbitration players as in last year even though they are under control until after 6 years.

The waivers this year is a great feature, but needs some work. I think the dates are even messed up because after the season you cannot make trades because it says "playoff eligible players can not be traded after waiver period." This is in effect until Jan 1.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #431
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
that is weird...prolly nothin too worry about though. test it again and see if it does it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #432
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i'd like to know this as well, Mike.
Any ideas anyone? Here are my original questions:

Can somone confirm whether or not AI teams call players up because of performance and NOT just injuries?

Was there a fix yet for the multiple closers not being on a MLB roster?

Sounds like a while before a waiver fix...how are people dealing with this to start a franchise without having to wait 1-2 months to do so? I've read some of this thread but not all of it and am wondering what people are doing to combat some of the wackiness.

Last question, do the quirky franchise transactions affect RTTS at all?

Looking for confirmation on these issues before buying tonight after work! Thank you fellow MLB Show'ers!

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »