Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #417
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
I keep trying the work around that I stated before and I'm on my 2nd season simming and I didn't notice ANY stupid trades at all and claiming of waiver players. I don't see what the problem seems to be. HERE WE GO AGAIN!

1. FRANCHISE MODE AT MAIN SCREEN
2. PICK DEFAULT ROSTERS( NOT CURRENT OR SAVED)
3.SELECT YOUR TEAM(ONLY 1 TEAM AND AT THE BOTTOM MAKE SURE YOUR USER PROFILE IS THE ACTIVE ONE NOT NO PROFILE!
4.WHEN ON GLOBAL SETTINGS CLICK COMPUTER CONTROL ON( YOULL GET A MESSAGE) THEN TURN IT OFF!!
5. YOUR DONE EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK NOW( ITS WORKING FOR ME)

Did exactly that in order, and it def fixes the problem of trading! Actually, it may work too well as there were NO trades at all done by the cpu. HOWEVER, after the trade deadline and ton of players were put on Trade Waivers inclding Pujols, Rafael Soriano, Heath Bell, Jose Reyes, and Lance Berkman, just to name a few of many great players.

It appears however that if YOU don't claim them yourself, they all will clear waivers and still be on their perspective teams. I had injuries off as well and noticed the cpu won't move Minors up or down throughout season UNTIL.... September 7th, then a bunch of teams "Recalled Pos. Jhn Doe from AA whatever" So they do at least do the september call-ups which is great to see.

I think I can definately start a franchise up with this fix or workaround, thanks alot man!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #418
Banned

OVR: 14

Just out of curiosity, are all these big name players in the final year of their contract? I am just wondering if that is why the CPU is placing them on trade waivers.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #419
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Just out of curiosity, are all these big name players in the final year of their contract? I am just wondering if that is why the CPU is placing them on trade waivers.
I posted this in a different thread in where they were discussing the effects of the player potential fix, but it answers your question as well..

-------------------------

a majority, if not damn near all, the players being put on trade waivers or even traded for prospects are players that are in the last year of their contract and:

* are in a big money contract

* are old

I don't believe the player potential fix will eliminate this from happening. Teams are looking to dump big salary players for cheaper, high ceiling, prospects. Not sure there is anything one could do to fix this outside of controlling every team.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #420
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

It also works on saved rosters as well! I downloaded a "Topp 100 prospects" roster from the vault, and used that. It works perfect! CPU won't make any trades but it's better than them making them for you, as well as them claiming players off trade waivers. You just have to resist the temptation in not claiming a few players for yourself lol...

Noticed this time my team was 13.5 back of Division lead and did NOT call up players from Minors this time. Dunno if this was the reason, but regardless they didnt call anyone up. September 7th is when the playoffs start for the minor leagues, so that's why it happens on that date. I'm excited to start a chise now!

I believe the trick is to flip "CPU Control Roster" ON at global settings at the start, and then flip it back off. It's some sort of glitch in there, like the game still thinks ur in control when ur not. I am going to try it with injuries on this time and see if it works.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #421
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Yes...mostly....
..and every player traded seems to be in their last year...so if you re-work the contracts...we can easily lessen the frequency.
You'll just have to play "agent" for some players.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #422
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

But again, the cpu controlled teams won't claim them so it's not a big deal imo. Just as long as YOU don't claim them, and pretty much forget they are waived then no problems!

Just did it with injuries on this time and worked like a charm! All you have to doo is flip CPU roster control on, then back off and its cured! Thanks to the man who figured this out(don't know ur name)!

Now the real question is, do I wait until Monday to start my chise or not..haha
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #423
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
It also works on saved rosters as well! I downloaded a "Topp 100 prospects" roster from the vault, and used that. It works perfect! CPU won't make any trades but it's better than them making them for you, as well as them claiming players off trade waivers. You just have to resist the temptation in not claiming a few players for yourself lol...

Noticed this time my team was 13.5 back of Division lead and did NOT call up players from Minors this time. Dunno if this was the reason, but regardless they didnt call anyone up. September 7th is when the playoffs start for the minor leagues, so that's why it happens on that date. I'm excited to start a chise now!

I believe the trick is to flip "CPU Control Roster" ON at global settings at the start, and then flip it back off. It's some sort of glitch in there, like the game still thinks ur in control when ur not. I am going to try it with injuries on this time and see if it works.
But that's NO trades?
None even offered?
I don't think this work around has anything to do with rosters.
It's gotta be the switch for CPU ROSTER CONTROL...and with you saying no moves are made...it also sounds like it's staying on because injuries are off.
I think if you're able to get injuries on...the CPU will move guys.(up and down)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #424
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Knight... i set injuries off on purpose. Did it with them on and they were moving around cuz of injuries. If you can deal with NO trades being performed or offered to you then this will work great! Basically, its everything on except trades are off.

I personally can deal with that, cuz when the cpu did trade the logic was awful! Now im not home to check, but im sure you can trade manually if u wanted. Also, if u controlled all 30 teams like most do then you can eeasily perform trades manually to replicate real life, or whatever u wanted. Its just that the cpu will not trade PERIOD on their own.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »