Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #89
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
This isnt an issue, or a glitch it is your own doing. If you only control Cards why do you put urself as a user for all teams?

The games arent in out of town scoreboard because the game is "waiting" for you to play it, it cannot generate scores for games that have yet to be played. I understand they should be playing at that tim, but it would be unrealistic (from a technical stand point) for the the Yankees (example) to be up 1-0 when you (the user) has yet to play as them.

When you sim the game you opt to skip your turn as the other 28 teams and the game creates a score....
The reason I chose to be able to control all teams is so if they do something stupid or mess up their lineups, I can go fix it if I want. I don't control anything with them, I just want the option to. Last year you could play any game you wanted and it would still show the out of town scoreboard, so I thought it would do the same this year. It's very disappointing that you can't have 30 team control and still get the out of town scoreboard.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
My opening day game should have been at 1:05, but after scrolling through the stadium options, all the stadiums were set for a night game, and the game began at 7:05. I couldn't figure out how to change it without backing all the way out to the schedule page.
I didn't realize you could change start times. Where exactly is that located?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #91
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Double Switch Glitch:

If you pass initial double switch screen, the game will no longer allow you to preform a double switch by switching a pitcher and a position player, so you can sub the pitcher for another position player.

It says something like "can not defensive switch a pitcher". So now your stuck taking out your pinch hitter. The Show 09 did not have this problem last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #92
Rookie

JYakubowski's Arena

In reference to the freeze issue from thinkblue 09 and FearTheTurtle:

I also had the opening game between the Orioles and Rays freeze. I believe it was the bottom of the seventh (TB batting) and the game froze on me. The commentators had mentioned that Millwood had thrown 80-something pitches, so I hit select to see his stamina, and that's where the game froze. Does anyone know if it's only this game for the O's, or does it happen again?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #93
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawg27
I didn't realize you could change start times. Where exactly is that located?
You can't change start times. On the schedule it showed a 1:05 start, but when I moved through the stadium options they all changed from daytime to darkness, and the game started at 7:05. I'm not sure why this happened.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #94
Rookie

I am having a bit of an issue with the live roster.

When I download it and try to play it offline (franchise mode or anything else), a lot of players end up getting moved out of position. For example, Derek Jeter is moved to CF and Curtis Granderson is moved to SS. Or, Orlando Hudson is moved to the Twins and he plays SS and JJ Hardy is moved to 2B. I have seen it a few other times as well. Is there an easy fix to this or is there a different roster to download?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #95
All Star

OVR: 20

Would a potential patch work with an existing franchise or would there be a need to start over for the waiver and attendance issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurpster03
First of all, thanks for the quick reaction. I played 2k9 last year and after all its blunders and lack of customer response I'm glad I switched to the show.

1. When PH for a pitcher, can't keep him as a defensive replacement. Bullpen menu tells you to go to Defensive Substitution to switch positions. When doing that you get an error that you can't substitute for the pitcher.

2. In Spring Training hit a Homer with Adrian Gonzalez (batting 4th) in the 1st, 445 ft, etc, and it came up under the score overlay...

Next time through the batting order, when Pablo Sandoval (batting 3rd) was up it read "Home run by Pablo sandoval, first of the spring, 445 feet"

After his at bat, Adrian came up and it read "Home run by adrian gonzalez, first of the spring 445 feet"

--
I've had both of these issues. Except for me, it ends up crediting every batter on my team with home runs regardless of the play result.

I'm positive SCEA will nip it soon enough, though. Great job, guys!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »