Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

cosign my man bobby digital..

I dont want to cross that line of flaming people, but seriously, some people are coming across as spoiled brats. As someone who had to labor through two years of the competition on the 360, I had to find things to like in that game. I bought a ps3 only for this game, and the last two years have been the best sports gaming of my life with the show. yes, it has a few minor flaws, but its a video game. we are lucky we are blessed with what is by far the best sports sim in the market for the greatest sport ever created. WE ARE LUCKY. I said it. I mean, its like being blessed with a super model girlfriend, with curves in all the right places and a great personality, that cooks, cleans, and all that, but then complain because she occassionally passes gas.

Last edited by ill23matic; 02-25-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 AM   #82
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
I can't wait for this game!!!! This is my first year with MLB: The Show....Already pre-ordered my copy and I'm ready to go!!!! Bring on the baseball season.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #83
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

First off the game is beautiful, just absolutely gorgeous.

Secondly I don't understand the batting stance criticism. You can go in and edit the stances that aren't accurate. It should be a non issue.

Thanks for the video, can't wait until Tuesday.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #84
GO BLUE

Hitman3315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill23matic
I dont want to cross that line of flaming people, but seriously, some people are coming across as spoiled brats.
And I don't want to cross the line of flaming here either... honestly not my intention. Just saying that constructive criticism isn't a bad thing (when done respectfully).

I agree that the game is incredible, and for 99.9% percent of the time, I couldn't be happier. However, we do pay $60 a pop to play the game, so I think we've earned the right to at least voice concerns. But SCEA's attention to detail, the desire of the fans for those details, and both parties' constant passion of a higher level of detail is what makes the whole dynamic so great.

If someone points something out, say good point, say I disagree, or just move on. Constructive criticism doesn't need to get ripped.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Exclusive Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay (Gametrailers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
ARE WE SERIOUSLY WORRYING ABOUT BATTING STANCES?
By all means, let's go back to NES baseball where every player looks the same. I know that's extreme, but don't tell me it doesn't matter. One of the first things I do with a baseball game is make sure all the stances look (or at least feel) right. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 03:18 AM   #86
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon7 Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

Love the last few seconds of the video where Halladay strikes out Manny, BECAUSE (if you take a closer look)...

...you can see Charlie Manuel *pump his fist* in excitement & the rest of the dugout celebrate *by applauding* the strikeout....VERRRRRY cool to finally see *animated* dugouts!!!

Kudos to the team over there in San Diego! (If you were in Vacouver, you would get a GOLLLLLD)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #87
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital
This thought actually crossed my mind tonight too.

You guys that are unsatisfied with stances, overlays, and other things like that have every right to mention it, but some of you go on and on about it and / or mention it in a disrespectful ( to the developers ) way. Also, there's a better time and place to mention what you think is wrong with MLB 10. The time is after the game comes out and the place is in the MLB 11 wishlist thread.

Some of you are so particular about this video game that I swear you are borderline insane. MLB The Show will never be perfect to everyone. You might as well just accept that now. I truly feel sorry for people that are annoyed by such minor things in this game because you won't enjoy the game as much as you should.

If you are reading this and feel a nerve is being touched, then I'm probably talkin' to you. I'm not saying you're wrong, but try to keep it civil and not take cheap shots at the developers.
now I just feel like a dick. to the developers who read this, ignore my nit-picking about stances; I can edit them fine myself.

It also feels right to re-post this paragraph:

Look, SCEA is God for what they do with this game. It is freakin' unbelievable. I mean, I bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing it... and I'm not some rich guy who has lots of spare money to throw around.. I am a poor college student. but this franchise is THAT good.

and this:

admittedly, that was a bit over the top and disrespectful to the developers. I am sorry for my comments SCEA- I love you, I adore you, you are my one and only's.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 AM   #88
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Look all. We are all passionate about our views and this game. The devs are passionate about their baby as well. That much is clear in their work. We just need to express ourseleves in a more constructive and diplomatic manner. And not get too frustrated while expressing that. Go in knowing that there will be people who have different focusses and views on the issues when engaging in the discourse.

Let's just have fun, this masterpiece is almost upon us.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-25-2010 at 05:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »