Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #73
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Batting stance criticism is as valid as many things that are suggested here. If the stances didn't matter, everybody would have "Generic 1", wouldn't they? Obviously that's hyperbole; but there's no reason to jump on the guy for pointing out an incorrect stance. Every bit of constructive criticism, which (aside from the one aforementioned sentence) his was, deserves to be heard.

---

On the actual topic of the video, it was a nice look at the game. There isn't much more to say than that. We know the game is going to be great, it was just like to get an unedited taste of it before release. I did like the presentation changes in terms of presenting the defense and the weather drop-down; and I'm really excited for next week to see what other new overlays made it.
Except for one thing. When I look at the stance I immediately think that is Manny's stance. It is pretty dang close.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #74
GO BLUE

Hitman3315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Every bit of constructive criticism, which (aside from the one aforementioned sentence) his was, deserves to be heard.
Agreed 100%.

A big part of what makes this game great are the details. If we didn't care about these details (whether that's batting stances, uniforms, or ballpark details), then SCEA probably wouldn't work so hard to work them into the game.

It's productive and totally constructive to point these things out. Even though I'm a bit of a newb myself, I can tell that SCEA clearly listens and strives for perfection, so I don't see the harm.

5 days!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 11
Nice video!, but it's time for a change. The game is getting stale and old now with the same anouncers. I've been hearing the same lines over and over. And that baby crying in the background is still there!!.ughh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Idk if anyone else noticed this but when Furcal is walking back to the dugout the bat switches. At first he's holding it by the barrel and then it just switches to him holding it by the handle. No biggie really, but something that could be looked at for next year.
What you have to remember is Game Trailers compressed and edit the crap out of this video, its evident with the batters in the batters box, also Russell stated he sent over 7gbs and the video is only 206mb. So you are going to see some frames missing because quite frankly GameTrailers wasn't going to put that much data up for one game.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #77
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Listen, bottom line...the game is looking incredible. The new intro music, overlays and RTP are just a breath of fresh air and I'm just disappointed that the game is only 5 days away from release and some here are already knocking it down for a few MINOR, and I mean MINOR flaws. I don't know if i could handle being a developer or community staff member like Ramone and then read some of these comments here but that's what makes them even more upstanding guys I guess. Anyway...FIVE MORE DAYS!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Listen, bottom line...the game is looking incredible...

and some here are already knocking it down for a few MINOR, and I mean MINOR flaws. I don't know if i could handle being a developer or community staff member like Ramone and then read some of these comments here but that's what makes them even more upstanding guys I guess..
This thought actually crossed my mind tonight too.

You guys that are unsatisfied with stances, overlays, and other things like that have every right to mention it, but some of you go on and on about it and / or mention it in a disrespectful ( to the developers ) way. Also, there's a better time and place to mention what you think is wrong with MLB 10. The time is after the game comes out and the place is in the MLB 11 wishlist thread.

Some of you are so particular about this video game that I swear you are borderline insane. MLB The Show will never be perfect to everyone. You might as well just accept that now. I truly feel sorry for people that are annoyed by such minor things in this game because you won't enjoy the game as much as you should.

If you are reading this and feel a nerve is being touched, then I'm probably talkin' to you. I'm not saying you're wrong, but try to keep it civil and not take cheap shots at the developers.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
What you have to remember is Game Trailers compressed and edit the crap out of this video, its evident with the batters in the batters box, also Russell stated he sent over 7gbs and the video is only 206mb. So you are going to see some frames missing because quite frankly GameTrailers wasn't going to put that much data up for one game.
It wasn't a missing frame. The bat literally switches positions in Furcals hands right before your eyes.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #80
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

The batting stance argument is worn out. Tim I suggest sending a PM to Chris and breaking down to him all the players you want changed and how. These other guys baiting you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation and frankly, just need to be ignored.

Would be neat to have a community member go out there(on their own dime) and do the mo-cap work. It would at least be appreciated by some of us!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »