Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #425
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
No 360 here can you elaborate on some of the main AI issues you see. I remember other 2k bb games where the ai would throw home with two outs to get a runner coming home instead of the easy out at 1st. Anything that bad?
More a long the same lines, eg. running themselves out of innings, not covering, standing and not moving, not throwing to the correct base etc. Like I said I will try the finished version to see if it is cleaned up. Not following baseball fundamentals just irritates me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Of course I'm buying it.
It baseball - It seems improved over last year - And I can live with some faults of a GAME
What he said.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #427
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am downgrading from a purchase to a rental. I can't get passed the AI decisions that keep occurring. When it comes out I will see if it is better and then decide if it warrants a purchase. There are definitely bright spots in the game and overall it is much better then last year but the AI needs some baseball fundamentals training.
Agreed. I like what 2K has done this year, but they seem to keep neglecting the fundamentals of the gameplay. It's great to add new features and such to keep your game new, but they need to focus on the game itself much more.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #428
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
Anyone else feel that the game isnt that impressive graphically during day games? Theres jaggies everywhere: the pitchers mound, shadows of the players, even the ballpark/stands have jaggies on them. This goes a way a bit at night, but didnt they say fixing the jaggies was a top priority graphically? Seems weird there so prevalent in day games.

Also, after 6 or 7 demo playthroughs, Ive finally decided I dont like the default pitcher cam at all - it makes the pitches look a bit weird. Im going to adjust it alot when i get the full retail version. I liked 2k9's default pitcher camera much better.
My first demo game was a day game and I was shocked at how weak the graphics looked. Not sure why, but night games do look better. It just seems like 2K is trying to overcompensate with camera angles and colors to make up for not up to par next-gen graphics. Definitely not blown away visually as I hoped to be.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #429
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the Doubles "issue" will be resolved with slider tweaks. Right now it looks like the power needs to come down and the Skill slider needs to be raised.

The proper balance of those two sliders have always been the key to getting a good variance of hit types. With a higher Skill setting the ball comes off of the bat a lot quicker. The abnormal amount of singles seem like a problem with outfielder depth but if the ball is hit harder the depth makes more sense. Additionally, the outfielders won't be able to cut off every ball hit down the lines and into the gaps.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #430
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Demo has been fun! Looking forward to playing the full game! Just a few minor gripes:

- The fielders seem to get to everything...even smashes up the middle. (I know..."Sliders")

- I wish I had more control over my infielders. On ground balls just to the left or the right, The AI seems to take over and get to the ball for you. All I get to do is make the throw.

- I was hoping for an option to remove the strike zone. Sometimes I feel that it obstructs my view of the ball coming off the pitchers hand.

Other than that, Great Job 2k!!

Oh Yeah, In 8 games with the demo I have yet to split the gaps. I guess its just my timing!!!!

Thanks for listening..........
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #431
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

even though I still can't hit... I'm having fun.
weird.. fun with 2k baseball..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #432
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Can't wait to see the Real time. I can't stand hurry up baseball..
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »