Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #361
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Just so I'm not missing anything, we can't change anything in the demo right? Can't pick the SP, camera angle, time of day, etc.?
The only thing you can change are the Control Options Jistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 2

Very impressed with the demo. First pitch I hit for an oppo HR with Jeter but didn't hit another.

Game is silky smooth and looks great.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 1

Overall, it seems this is an improvement over last year, BUT that isn't saying much since last year was off the charts terrible.

On the surface it seems a lot of the issues were addressed, but then again a lot of the issues involved franchise mode...the mysterious DL saga where guys would go on the DL never to return...etc.

2k always seemed to fast to me, runners, fielders, throwing, way out of scale, which is why I think the frame rates were always an issue. the jump from hitting cam to fielding cam still isn't accurate, I find myself constantly moving players in the wrong direction to field the ball, or the CPU highlighting the wrong player. this wouldn't be a big issue if the ball didn't travel so fast you don't have time to select the correct player or to react with a player once it's selected. I think this is why it seems that you never really have FULL control over your fielders, 2k may have tried to solve this by having the cpu pick the initial movement, I've noticed a few times where I made the wrong move (moved to the left when it should have been to the right) yet the fielder didn't follow my command..seems odd.

still don't understand why there needs to be preloaded animations, mvp didn't have this, it felt natural. this feels to robotic. In a game last night a soft grounder up the middle, utley fielded the ball and instead of quick flip to rollins, proceeded to go into a throwing animation that looked as though he was trying to throw someone out at home instead of 4 feet away...this cost me the double play.

not bashing this offering, it does play better and look better, but definitely waiting to see user reviews a week or two after release to make a decision.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 4

I purchased MLB 2K8 and rented MLB 2K9. And I must say. 2K Baseball is definitely back. I'm still not THAT crazy about the fielding cam. But I like the new batting cam. I hope that the cameras are adjustable, which I'm sure they will be. The gameplay is the best in the series to me. It plays so well and not all herky jerky like it used to. I liked classic buttons for pitching and hitting but honestly, the pitching and hitting using the stick is so responsive in this game that I might finally switch over. The animations are really great. I struck out Ryan Howard and just the accuracy of his violent followthrough was awesome. I had to replay it. The fielding is MUCH better, I just don't really care for the camera. Even if it isn't adjustable, it's not a game killer for me. Collision detection could use work but I'm not gonna complain. In terms of the homeruns and walks, I'm sure that sliders will help out. I will say in the demo i was pleasantly surprised with the pitches the CPU would swing at and not swing at. It was almost...like real baseball. I will definitely be dropping some money on this. It's crazy to think that the release build might even be better. I stopped playing the demo because I want to go ahead and start my franchise. It was killing me.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #365
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Aiight, tried this sucka out @ BB...game DID upgrade in the GFX department...looks nice, & i hope the PS3 version is close. absolutely diggin' the P/B interface...a gem there. some things that STILL errk me to no end:

The field dimensions are still too small, no grass friction to be found. you'll be hard-pressed in gettin' doubles down the line & thru the gaps imo. it also seems the player models are hunkered over a bit, & every swing is an uppercut...A level swing wasn't to be found. players are still robotic in movement. VC is headin' in the right direction...just not quite there yet. Xboxers...glad yall got a game this year.

Last edited by Motown; 02-24-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #366
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpykore
2k Baseball is back, good job guys. (posted this on 2k form board too) but OS is where i have been for years, just don't have much to say.

WOW, I just DL the DEMO on LIVE, was in shock when the game loaded up on my screen. What a difference a year makes, OMG, I'm sure all the options are toned down for the demo, but I was almost floored by the way the graphics this year just popped.

I was the phillies, just to try out yankee stadium. All has been redone, finally some sort of scoreboard to track innings and scoring. Thank you, the adds are vabriant and seemed to be alot of variety in the pull downs while pitching.

I did not fell this way last DEMO 2k9, to me last year felt really tight. But this year the swing animations are great, the throwing and all the things I saw in my 3 inning game. Basically this is one of 2k finest jobs so far to give us baseball for the 360.

Funny the first 3 picches I throw to the Yanks where wild piches. I think the new piching scheme is tight, feels right and so does the batting this year. The animations running feel different too and the fielding to the balls. I had a pop up shot sky high and seemed forever to track it down, but i will tell you all, there was no cliiping magical ball stuff, right in the glove it went, oh yeah forget to mention it was even a backhand catch from J-Roll.

Off to the game, I gave up a 2 run monster job to TEX, off of Big Joe Blanton. The came back with one from Werth in the seats, to make it a 1 run game. Overall i'm way excited and I can not wait to see more.

One thing I noticed is 2k is not lyling when they say you have to earn your way this year.

All seemed really fluid and crisp FPS to me. Lighting was off the hook, so far of what I have seen, can't wait to play another game once I get the kids to bed.

Laters, march 2nd, should be a good day for all of us or at least me.

thats me! lol

this post is pretty much how i feel at this point.

coming over from MLB the pitching is a learning curve, but ill get there, thats what spring training is for !
Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 5

Played several "games" with the demo last night. MUCH improvement in all areas compared to last year. Almost feels like a new game. Some like it and some don't but I really like the batting view. Graphics are crisp, and the colors jump out this year, not that washed out look of 2K9. Smooth framerate sure does make a difference. Audio sounds okay and will only get better with the commentary added to the presentation, which I felt was a (lone) strong point from last year.

Hard to get a real feel for overall gameplay with just 3 non-customizable innings, so time will tell on that but haven't seen any glaring problems jump out at me yet.

Looking forward to March 2. I'll be picking this one up for sure.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #368
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Aiight, tried this sucka out @ BB...game DID upgrade in the GFX department...looks nice, & i hope the PS3 version is close. absolutely diggin' the P/B interface...a gem there. some things that STILL errk me to no end:

The field dimensions are still too small, no grass friction to be found. you'll be hard-pressed in gettin' doubles down the line & thru the gaps imo. it also seems the player models are hunkered over a bit, & every swing is an uppercut...A level swing wasn't to be found. players are still robotic in movement. VC is headin' in the right direction...just not quite there yet. Xboxers...glad ya got a game this year.
I pretty much agree with everything you said here. The field dimensions seem WAY too small. It's hard to get a double, and there is no way possible to get a triple.

The one thing I do like is the pitching interface though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »