Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #353
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

After playing the Show 10 at a Best Buy Kiosk yesterday, and playing the 2k10 demo about 6 times, I can safely say that both games are improved, but that the Show still feels like a better game of baseball.

360-Only owners will have a better year.

I absolutely love the pitching in 2k10, but the game still feels like I am fighting with it too much. I actually rage-quit one of the demos after the CPU made a couple of stupid baserunning mistakes.

I will pick up 2k10 though, because I feel like the pitching is fun enough to carry a My Player career. The Show will have my regular franchise and online games though.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #354
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9

Is it just me, or are the bat sounds better in the demo this year than in years past?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #355
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Meh, the more I play this demo, the more I don't like it. Nothing new, don't like 2K baseball. There was 1 year I did play it alot though. Still find myself going back and playing The Show 09. Glad to see a lot of people are feeling the demo. Competition is always good for us.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #356
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Just so I'm not missing anything, we can't change anything in the demo right? Can't pick the SP, camera angle, time of day, etc.?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #357
MVP

OVR: 8

Anyone else think players look too skinny? A-rod, Ryan Howard, and CC all look thin.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #358
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80
What I meant was, nobody was going to play it over and over again if they like the game, in lieu of buying it. Sure, you can play the 3-inning game multiple times (and I have), but like I said, you don't get any sense of flow for the game if you can't play the middle and late innings.

Like as just one example of many, there's absolutely no way to see how stamina affects pitchers in the later innings of a game.

Keep it between only two teams, keep the only mode as quickplay, but really, to give a good impression (especially for a series that people have been iffy on for a while) you should at least give a 6 inning demo, preferably a full 9 inning game.
Best sports demo I played was NASCAR 09. That demo was unbelievably deep. You got a taste of a couple of different game modes, you were able to change some difficulties, plus a few other things. It's the way sports demos should be done.

I do like what I've seen thus far with this demo. Graphics are really good, it plays quite smoothly. I also like that there's a distinct difference between throwing with Bastardo and throwing with Pettite. But there are still so many questions. How do the sliders affect AI pitching? How does pitcher stamina function? Is that stats engine working?

So far so good, but I'm still renting and reading a ton of articles, reviews and posts before I committ $60 to it.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #359
Rookie

OVR: 6

People appear to be using rose colored glasses with MLB2K again. This game isn't much of an upgrade from last season. The CPU still swings at anything close to a strike. The same ridiculous animations are there when a pitcher throws inside to a hitter. The 'getting angry' animation is way overdone. The hesitation on turning double plays again?

Of course the large font on the jerseys(how exactly does that get through quality control). The game does look better graphically and appears to run smooth. But I played The Show at Best Buy yesterday and 2K really doesn't deserve to get people's money until they get serious about putting out a comparable product. These two games aren't even close.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #360
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Anyone else think players look too skinny? A-rod, Ryan Howard, and CC all look thin.
Yeah..I was thinking the same thing.

I played the Demo on my son's 360 to see what it was all about and I must say it is improved from last year. The hitting and pitching are revamped and I like the feel of it. I just don't like the laser throws the fielders make (especially the outfielders)

Im waiting to hear about the PS3 version as that is what I have. Im already getting the other game but was considering trying this one out. I think im going to rent it first.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »