Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #305
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

hmm did not like the demo as much as other people here are my main problems....
#1-During a collision at the plate the catcher drops the ball before he is hit. (has this happened to anyone else?)
#2-Still the jagged quirky animations from last game but it has gotten better
#3-NO COMMENTARY- come on 2k after last year??? Could at least give us a taste of some commentary in a demo
#4 Batting camera view
#5-Pitching camera view with CC
#6-They still have that jump then throw from the outfield (people dont do that. Do they watch baseball?
#7-No ability to change diff,cam view etc.
WINS
#1-Jennie Zelasko in the beggining
#2-Better lighting and field destruction
#3-collision detection
#4-No BULL that I saw like last year...AKA (outfielders missing the ball
#5- Great new outfield catching system
#6 Good throwing meter
#7-Gameplay seems much better

Still after the demo, I dont see me paying $60 for this game. Not after last year.

Mini Blog #1 up
"What up with Hamels?" MW2 commercial
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #306
MVP

OVR: 10

I have been loving it so far. I have had Bastardo(me) vs. Joba 2 times and one time had Vazquez(me) vs. Blanton. You can definitely the difference between pitchers. Vazquez's 12-6 is sick as hell but you can actually hit breaking pitches this year. I also tried to fire a couple down the middle and Tex hit one that might have gone through Victorino in real life. The batting has been challenging for me as I have only hit 1 home run with Ibanez. I am loving this year's edition so far.

Also noticed that at the beginning of games the field is wet like the grounds crew sprayed it down. During the game it dries out esp. around the bases

Last edited by Ckhoss29; 02-23-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: None
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #307
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here's another gameplay video....Good first impression, again like many have said much improved from last year....enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n52xIJafNc
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #308
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
I liked the demo a lot but, there is few things that make the game look ugly...

The jaggies! You can see them on the outer parts of the players and home plate umpire.

The base running animations... I saw two highlights of Yankee players rounding third base, and both times it looked really weird. If I remember correctly, they stopped at third base then took off for home a second later. Looked really bad, and it did not mimic how MLB players run the bases.

Another ugly base running animation...Diving back on a pick off attempt. Why does the runner dive back so fast? It looks odd.

The crowd in the outfield seats looks like it's from a PS1 game.

I saw Jimmy Rollins "snap" into his batting stance. I know me and some others were really bugged by this "snapping" in 2k9. After I saw this, I was on the lookout for more "snapping", but I didn't see anymore.
As for the snapping if you noticed in the gameplay vid from GI it seemed like all of the players took their time stepping in, I think it may be because of hurry up is on in the demo. It seems more rushed to get to the action.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #309
Rookie

OVR: 3
Man I don't know what game people are playing, but this game is still a mess. Sure the pitching and hitting are fun, but both were done better in 2k8.

Once the ball is in play the game gets bad. Fielding is pretty much played by the cpu. Even throwing the ball with the meter, often times the computer will choose the release point instead of you when fielding a grounder.... baffling.

The ball simply dies when it gets to the outfield. I've played exactly 15 games, not ONE ball that made it down the line or in the gap that went to the wall. In those games I got ONE double, and it was a close play. ZERO hits that went over outfielders or landed at the warning track for a hit... ZERO. Outfielders move left and right to fast, and have super cannons for arms. If the CPU didn't cut the ball off on throws home, a runner would never score from 2nd base on a single.

I for one won't be buying, and I won't be buying the show either. The show while it plays a great game of baseball, is stale and boring. Wish I could take the pitching and hitting interface from 2k and realism from the show.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #310
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerMagicX
Man I don't know what game people are playing, but this game is still a mess. Sure the pitching and hitting are fun, but both were done better in 2k8.

Once the ball is in play the game gets bad. Fielding is pretty much played by the cpu. Even throwing the ball with the meter, often times the computer will choose the release point instead of you when fielding a grounder.... baffling.

The ball simply dies when it gets to the outfield. I've played exactly 15 games, not ONE ball that made it down the line or in the gap that went to the wall. In those games I got ONE double, and it was a close play. ZERO hits that went over outfielders or landed at the warning track for a hit... ZERO. Outfielders move left and right to fast, and have super cannons for arms. If the CPU didn't cut the ball off on throws home, a runner would never score from 2nd base on a single.

I for one won't be buying, and I won't be buying the show either. The show while it plays a great game of baseball, is stale and boring. Wish I could take the pitching and hitting interface from 2k and realism from the show.
Sliders my man sliders. Outfielders with sliders will never track down balls that should fall
Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #311
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

agreed...i saved my sliders from last year and will input them as a base and go from there. i worked extensively on them, so i'm hoping that the game will largely work from that line of thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #312
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckhoss29
Sliders my man sliders. Outfielders with sliders will never track down balls that should fall

It still concerns me that a game out of the box needs to be altered that majorly.

Time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »