Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #233
Rookie

nbluedevils's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I wasn't trying to be touchy, so I apologize if I came off that way. I guess I misinterpreted the way you were saying the stuff about nitpicking. I was just trying to say it's their choice if they want to focus on something like the jersey numbers, however small it may be to you or me, it might bug the heck out of them.

That's a valid point, but what makes me angry is when people, particularly on this website, always say, "Just give us good gameplay! That's all we want!" and then turn around and start bitching about uniforms like its the end of the universe. There has to be some standard of integrity.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #234
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Just did YouTube Downloader on the 720p version. My opinion is once again really looking up for this game. It's pretty fluid in it's movements. The new encoding didn't help the jerseys, though! Seriously, If I can get the same framerate and better graphics with the PC version, I'm sold. It's really looking head and shoulders above the last 2 games....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #235
QB1
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbluedevils
That's a valid point, but what makes me angry is when people, particularly on this website, always say, "Just give us good gameplay! That's all we want!" and then turn around and start bitching about uniforms like its the end of the universe. There has to be some standard of integrity.
My point exactly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #236
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually like the new batting camera angle, for the most part...

my issue with it is the height, the center of the screen seems to be at the knee's (aka bottom of the strike zone). Since it will be adjustable, i'm hoping I can raise up the camera a bit so that the center of the screen is closer to the center of the strike zone
Old 02-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #237
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not digging the hitting view at all. Pitcher looks miles away, and takes out the whole watch the pitch from the hand scenario you do in baseball.
Totally opposite. I LOVE...LOVE the batting view. The last few years I've had trouble really seeing the ball and getting good depth perception. I can see the pitch from hand etc..
That view I could clearly tell height and trajectory. It's almost a must own game for me now for that one reason....

Also... the game simply looks fun to play also. I think there's way too much nit picking all together. I didn't see anything other than a fun way to enjoy my favorite sport.

Lastly the My Player mode looks great. The fielding cam is what I've wanted The Show to incorporate but they still haven't. As an OF'er you should be tracking the ball and not just running to a spot marked on the ground. "Head tracking" is key and it looks like 2K is a lot closer to that than the Show.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 02-19-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #238
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Very nice, play by play was really good and loved the batting view.........
Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #239
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Totally opposite. I LOVE...LOVE the batting view. The last few years I've had trouble really seeing the ball and getting good depth perception. I can see the pitch from hand etc..
That view I could clearly tell height and trajectory. It's almost a must own game for me now for that one reason....

Also... the game simply looks fun to play also. I think there's way too much nit picking all together. I didn't see anything other than a fun way to enjoy my favorite sport.

Lastly the My Player mode looks great. The fielding cam is what I've wanted The Show to incorporate but they still haven't. As an OF'er you should be tracking the ball and not just running to a spot marked on the ground. "Head tracking" is key and it looks like 2K is a lot closer to that than the Show.
Ya, back in 2k7 it was a pain to hit the ball online. i am going to forget 2k8. To me that was worse then 2k9. 2K9 wasnt that hard to see the ball, but this looks alot better.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #240
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The guy doing the video doesn't work for 2K, so I highly doubt he wants to hide anything. He's skipping that stuff to get to the point. People wanted to see some game play and they got to.

The presentational cuts in-between are almost always skipped in any video of ANY game unless the video is designed to show them of specifically.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy when it comes to this series, but not everything is some master plan or conspiracy.
It does not work for 2K it works for GAME INFORMER, a VIDEOGAME BUSINESS, of course that everything that this sites told us if what the developers and publishers wants they to told us, he has to be cleared by 2K to post a video, dont you think that if 2K does not want to show you the jerky presentations, he has to skip it or play the game on hurry up? do you want me to show you a LOT of videos of sports game including 2K baseball, with all the presentation stuff? Videogame is a business, is all about money, remember that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »