Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #225
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
Still, the non-stop weird celebrations on dugout and bullpen are still there! notice on minute 4:00 when soriano is sliding back to first on the bullpen and at 4:40 when soriano reach third base on the dugout. I'm concern about the guy playing the game skeeping all the presentation, thats for sure is because they want to hide the jerky and weird movements of the players, all this back from 2K9.
Yeah noticed the weird celebrations also. Hope they got that taken care of in the final build.

He skipped the presentation stuff or he was playing the "Hurry Up" mode to keep the video size as small as possible for uploading.

Last edited by RGmoney; 02-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #226
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Cool! Much smoother!You can see the animations better now! Thanks!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 6

thanks duke appreciate the vid.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #228
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
I'm concern about the guy playing the game skeeping all the presentation, thats for sure is because they want to hide the jerky and weird movements of the players, all this back from 2K9.
The guy doing the video doesn't work for 2K, so I highly doubt he wants to hide anything. He's skipping that stuff to get to the point. People wanted to see some game play and they got to.

The presentational cuts in-between are almost always skipped in any video of ANY game unless the video is designed to show them of specifically.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy when it comes to this series, but not everything is some master plan or conspiracy.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #229
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Oh, and I suppose it's worth pointing out that the catcher isn't really making it down the line at all. This was something that I feared in screenshots.

As long as there can still be a way so that overthrows don't mean a guaranteed extra base, I suppose that it's okay. But it was in last year, so you know... taking it out doesn't make much sense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #230
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
Does it bother anyone else that the first pitch is low and out of the zone and swung at and a grounder to short? The pitcher then takes a bunch of pitches(they also would do this last year because their IE scouting was so low, so this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement). Then Reyes comes up takes a pitch then swings at a pitch low and outside. I know I commented on this before but just not the first thing I wanted to see when this was the biggest issue with last years game.

Pitch counts for the user were 20(16 strikes, 4 balls) entering the 3rd inning. 27 when exiting the 3rd inning. The cpu on the other hand seemed to mix it up 34 pitches(21 strikes, 13 balls) entering the 3rd inning. Well over 50 exiting. It's just one inning but this seems to be a continued trend.
I agree, I'm looking forward to see if it's like this in the demo. I also want to wait and see some impressions too, to see if this is an issue in the retail version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
One more thing (my eyes aren't that great). I noticed that the first 0-2 pitch to Fukudome was a defensive swing. Seemed to work really well.

Got me to thinking. We didn't see any homers, but I couldn't tell if he used the contact swing exclusively or the power swing.
It looks like Soriano(opposite field single), and Ramirez(swing and miss) swung with power. Those were the only two times I saw it used. I could tell he was using power swing because on power swing you have to pull the stick back and the batter would start leaning back like last year if you just held the stick back before the pitch(which was terrible, because there was no timing aspect in the step).

If I'm not explaining it clearly, just look at Soriano's AB and the first pitch of Ramirez's AB and you should see it.

It is possible the user used power swing more than that, but those were the only one's I could tell because he starting pulling the stick back too early.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #231
QB1
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
What does that have to do with 2k? I mean, why do people have to take shots at either games in the other games forum? And before you think it, no, I don't play the show. It's just not relevant to the discussion.

It's not just ps3 owners who are upset about the #'s being too big, I've seen people who only have a 360 complain about it too. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal, but it is to some. Just like batting stances are a big deal to me, and to some they don't matter at all.
Why so touchy? I'm simply poking fun at those who nit pick over the dumbest things such as "oversized" jersey numbers and then refer to them as "game killers".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #232
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB1
Why so touchy? I'm simply poking fun at those who nit pick over the dumbest things such as "oversized" jersey numbers and then refer to them as "game killers".
I wasn't trying to be touchy, so I apologize if I came off that way. I guess I misinterpreted the way you were saying the stuff about nitpicking. I was just trying to say it's their choice if they want to focus on something like the jersey numbers, however small it may be to you or me, it might bug the heck out of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »