Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 AM   #129
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Can we please critique the gameplay video and stop attacking other posters. Also the little snarky comments towards other posters need to stop as well.

Last warning.
Agreed. My apologies.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 AM   #130
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
Holy hell, those uniforms look AWFUL. Seriously, I was shocked to see how distracting the numbers are. Wayyy too large, and they don't appear to be the correct font either. Those look NOTHING like the Cubs' jersey numbers. And that player name font is extremely bad. Seriously, the name/number makes the jerseys look like something out of a Nintendo 64 baseball game. PLEASE tell me they will at least attempt to fix this with a patch.

The crowd looks pretty good up close, although I think the fans need to interact with each other a little. It's disturbing to see how intently focused they are on the field. When the fans are sitting calmly in their seats, not a single fan stands up and walks around, and nobody is even talking or carrying on a conversation. They look like scared children in a 5th grade detention. Aside from these issues and the horrible uniforms, I am pleased with the graphics and presentation.

The gameplay looks pretty good, although the ball REALLY jumps off the bat, doesn't it? I agree with the others who think the fielding is a bit speedy and arcade-like. The ball just moves too fast IMO.

Overall I am pretty happy with what I saw, although I still think there are a number of improvements to be made. I'm praying that they fix those uniform numbers. They are not only an eye sore, but very distracting.
Yeah, the numbers do look bad. I am not sure if they can fix graphical issues with patches, though. Hopefully they can.

If I end up getting the game, my solution with the number on the jersey issues will be solved by playing the whole game (both batting and pitching) with the catcher cam. That's how I play baseball games anyway, but hopefully they can still get this issue fixed.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #131
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
Yeah, the numbers do look bad. I am not sure if they can fix graphical issues with patches, though. Hopefully they can.

If I end up getting the game, my solution with the number on the jersey issues will be solved by playing the whole game (both batting and pitching) with the catcher cam. That's how I play baseball games anyway, but hopefully they can still get this issue fixed.
After watching the video a second time, the Mets uniforms don't seem nearly as bad. Maybe some teams look worse than others?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 04:26 AM   #132
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix

Graphical issues cannot be fixed in a patch. I also think some uniforms do look better than others.

Very puzzling why some uniforms are so bad.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #133
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Very puzzling why some uniforms are so bad.
I know why!

Here's one of the artists responsible for jerseys....

(Seriously, the numbers are just a tad large..)
Old 02-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #134
Banned

OVR: 6

I agree with you guys nitpicking for the most part. The numbers are too big. That much has been established. Whether you can articulate those things or even know what you are saying I have no idea. Numbers are going to be important to some people and not so much to others though. Gameinformer gave 2k9 a fairly decent review last year and 2k isn't stupid giving the game to a company that has been kind to them in the past. From watching these videos 2k has done a lot of nice things and deserves credit where credit is due, but it's still 2k and they've been known to slap a fresh coat of paint on games when the little things and underneath stuff is a whole other ballgame. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I advise people to make a decision for themselves. Rent the game and be cautious for sure. I've been burned in the past by these developers just like everyone else. Don't believe the hype. Believe your own eyes. Me personally after absorbing this video, I think the game looks improved in areas and not so much in others. I think it will be improved and a fun game. But I also wouldn't be surprised if 2k drops the ball in areas as well. Some people are going to look at this game and not even give it a second look and for good reason. Others don't really care about this stuff. For some people as long as they see improvement and that the series is headed in the right direction are going to be had at hello.

Last edited by kgisbeast; 02-19-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #135
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The game looked very playable to me. You can tell they put some work into it. I do not obsess over the graphics as I am more interested in game play.

A couple observations:

Pro:

-Really liked that hit by Byrd when he reached and went the other way. Was that the product of a defensive swing?

-Like the variability with the batter strike zone sizes. That is one thing I would like to see implemented in the Show.

-I like how the batters take their time getting set in the batter's box before the pitch. They are not immediately set in their stance.

-The mix of pitches from the CPU pitcher was good and he even gave up a walk. Nice to see!

Cons for me:

-I am not a fan of the hitter's eye. It shows up way too often. I know the easy fix is to turn it off.

-Not understanding the throwing animations. The throws that the fielders are getting off are not reflective in their throwing animation. Also the arcs are really exaggerated too much like a rainbow.

-I am concerned that they took away the adjustable camera for hitting as that view is the only one we have seen. I keep wanting to peek up over the strike zone.

It is just one inning of play so we really need a full game to see the overall game AI but I did not think things were too far off like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #136
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Well, they did get Olie down pat!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »