Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Actually, a 2nd time watching this.. the animations dont look that bad. Maybe its the video player?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Hitters eye activates WAY too much. They said it would only happen with the best hitters, and only a couple times during an at bat at most....but it happened every single pitch with one guy, and half the time with Fukodome (who didn't exactly have a great rating against lefties).

User pitching seems still too easy. Look at his ball/strike count...through 3 innings he's only thrown 4 balls.

I like the overall presentation, and as long as that weird batting view can be zoomed in some, things look good.

But again, I still get the feeling that 2K didn't spend enough time getting the gameplay basics correct.

This concerns me, too. But, if you read Andrew's blog, he says that he found "all-star" too hard, and went back to pro. On "all-star" he was having trouble with pitching, at least in my player mode.

If this game was played at the default difficulty, and the batter's eye is lessened on harder settings, then I'm really happy with this game.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #59
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
Actually, a 2nd time watching this.. the animations dont look that bad. Maybe its the video player?
The video was choppy for me, so it was really hard to judge framerate and some of the animations.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

One more thing (my eyes aren't that great). I noticed that the first 0-2 pitch to Fukudome was a defensive swing. Seemed to work really well.

Got me to thinking. We didn't see any homers, but I couldn't tell if he used the contact swing exclusively or the power swing.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #61
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
The video was choppy for me, so it was really hard to judge framerate and some of the animations.
Yeah, even with the video fully buffered it still had framerate issues/animation things but whatever. Maybe this game wont be so bad.

If it has good Manager AI, then that seals the deal for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
yeah it's the video player. watch the smaller vid on the blog page. There are no hiccups. It's smooth as butter. Maybe because so many people are watching the other one. i just switched to the smaller one and it's smooth.

I know we aren't supposed to do this but for comparisons sake. I took these 3 videos and am watching them in window mode just to compare batter/pitcher. pitcher/batter. you can see hte strides 2k has made. It's rough around the edges and isn't polished yet, but it's not that far off. The attention to detail isn't quite there. No the letters aren't sewn on. Some uniform anomolies etc. the AI is more questionable at times. The crowds aren't as animated. I still think this game has made huge leaps and it's the closest thing we've seen on the 360. 2k if anything looks more colorful. It will have it's advantages as far as control and assortment of animations, commentary. People saying there is no follow through. I dont think that's true. It's the framerates of the other video. The swing looks nice to me. 2k where they might drop the ball is in game killing bugs and just sloppy integration.

http://gameinformer.com/blogs/editor...x?PageIndex=15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyKDUKsR8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1YjmpEng8

Last edited by kgisbeast; 02-18-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #63
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3

good thing is graphics look solid and hitting looks much improved as far as the physics of where the ball is..but im still disappointed with fielding, everything looks really jerky and fast too me..maybe its just me, but i believe im gonna be purchasing me a ps3 in the next week or 2
Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1
I think the batters eye appears more for hitters that are better at getting on base

Fukudome is a bad contact and power hitter, but he gets on base more often (walks)

Just a thought

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »