Home

NBA Live Needs the Dream

This is a discussion on NBA Live Needs the Dream within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #41
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32
Love the game, it has some issues, but one of the most realistic bball gaming experiences that I have had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #42
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live Needs the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
1. I could care less about alley oops since u see it maybe twice agame in real life so I wont comment
2. Never seen Dwight do that so I cant answer
3. I would like to see more contact animations in the paint instead of the same ones now, But Like I said I can get to the paint now with not too much of a problem, My feet are not in quicksand when I defend, i just give them some space.

You're losing me rock.. Ive yet to see your tweaks posted and and you're blowing off things that you know are just out of control.

Bynum does stepback fadeaways. You haven't seen that either but I posted it for you.. Come on man.. and because you dont care about oops dont mean its not ******** looking.

Save the game for me since its fun with the tweaks, but what are they?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #43
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA Live Needs the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Ive been getting realistic shooting %'s, scores, and user vs CPU foul shot numbers, pretty much from day one, on default all star settings.

Live does many of the core "sim" elements of basetball very, very well.

Its ironic. Live has a legit arguement of being the most "sim" basketball title out right now, but the number one knock on the game, is that there isnt enough flavor.

The dynasty mode layout and presentation is pretty darn basic. In 2k, there's just flat out more things to do, hands on as a user.

But as far as control, pace , play calling, gameplay, and on court NBA "feel"..Live has that.

I just do not undestand the "generic" comments. In Live you can do crosses, hesitations, spins, step backs, drop steps, up and unders, post fallways, post spin, bank shots, floaters, control what hand you want to lay up, post pump fake and drive, post pump fake, back down, hook/drop/post spin, layup/dunk..whatever. Its all there.

In 2k10, its all there as well. You can do the same exact moves..the only difference is the control layout.

If you dont like how these moves animate, then that is a entirely different arguement.

But everything that you would want an NBA player to be able to do, you absolutely can do, in Live.
Great post, Sporty.

Yeah, Dynasty mode is lacking in features but as you said, the on-court play is perhaps the most-sim we've seen in a while from an NBA title.

The only thing it's missing is a "real" low post game but I've been labbing the low post moves a lot recently in some Exhibition games and I've got to tell ya, there is depth there once you get a handle on the controls. I'm really liking the drop step.

23, I will agree with you on the fact that yes, it is terribly frustrating when you see guys like Howard, Bosh and other big men euro-stepping for layups while on your end of the floor, you can't even make a single layup. But, hey, no game is perfect and I can live with some of the flaws since it doesn't happen all the time.

The contact animations are a pain but I think they bring a nice touch of realism to the game. If you drive the lane, more often than not you are going to take a bump or two along the way. To score, you need to experiment. Lay off the turbo button once you blow past your man and use the layup solutions and you'll find yourself scoring and/or going to line, much more frequently. The trouble happens when you try and take the ball all the way to the rim with a big in the way. 9 out of 10 times, you're going to miss that shot with most players as the contact will throw your shot off just enough.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11
Please with the garbage. Live is trash. Very Big Trash. You dudes kill me, last week it was ways to fix 2k10, but this week its Live has it but it needs the dream? WTF? You dudes must be younger than me, to fall for this bs. 2K is the far superior title, and I come on a website called Operation Sports and they constantly talk about righting live, instead of more strategy and game talk about 2K...WTF? Footplanting is your biggest problem? how about just passing or the ease of 3pts or the ease of Dunks, or the bad substitution patterns. Do you guys smile when you create these fake topics. Now you admit you use SOCCER to fix your basketball...stupid, and cheap. SOCCER, and you see it now that you've said, the fastbreaks pause like you waiting for a soccerball....lmao...who the hell is playing that ARCADE game LIVE10...NBA2K since NBA2K on the 'Cast.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 14
As many of you (including me) are pointing here, the fact is: Live 10 is a very, very solid basketball game, a great first effort by the team that was assembled during this last development cycle.

And it was also critically acclaimed by the more mainstream game sites as well (like Gametrailers, Gamespot, IGN, Gamedaily, etc). The huge problem was the poor performance on the sales chart. And that helped create the perception to the average gamer that the game wasn't good.

Yes, it has its flaws gameplay-wise (just like Madden, 2K10 and any other game) but It's an all-around polished product: it plays a strong, fundamentally sound brand of basketball, has the best play-calling system in the genre, it does have an excellent online functionality, there is fresh new content every week (with the kicks and stuff), and it's very well presented.

EA needs to make an effort to make the game reach more people, but not by taking the easy way out: the arcade route. Instead, they gotta build on top of what was already done right and keep improving the game.

I'd say a price cut would go a long way towards establishing the franchise back on the right path. I hope they realize that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5
I honestly think the "dream" for Live eneded back in the Playstation 2 days. The Live series was my NBA game of choice from 1993's Bulls vs Lakers on SNES all the way through up until NBA Live 2000(the one w/ Tim Duncan on the cover), then I purchased a Dreamcast and was introduced to NBA 2K. I must say NBA Live lost a lot of its luster to me as the years have gone by(i'm a hardcore sim player), I tried this year to give NBA Live a try but it just lacked in the gameplay and sim aspect that I'm now used to. It will be sad if Live's future is in fact in jeopardy, I have secretely always hoped that Live would get back to the top where it once was in my eyes so then I would have 2 top tier NBA games to choose from. But that I guess doesn't appear likely anymore...bummer.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28
yea,i though i liked live but once i first got my hands on 2k10 for 360 i said bye live!
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28
thought*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »