Home

NBA Live Needs the Dream

This is a discussion on NBA Live Needs the Dream within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live Needs the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustahymes
I choose Live because its literally in the game. if you get into the motions of the players combined with the analog stick work, I actually feel like Im on the court myself. The execution factor of 2K is enjoyable Live is just more fun to play. In closing Live needs to make the usual overall improvements and try to break the bank with animations and Id be satisfied.
Another part of my sentiments. I dealt with the shot stick but thought it was not lending itself to making me feel I was "actually on the court" when I played 2K. To me, the most exciting part of playing/watching basketball are the moves made, not the shot, so mapping the stick for shooting was not a good move, in my eyes. Using the right stick should be apart of the excitement and utilized for the most exciting part of playing/watching basketball, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
I can get to the paint draw contact and get the and 1, It just is very difficult, maybe me and u can get a game in and I can show u a thing or 2...
You arent answering rock, and im not talking about online. Single player is not balanced at all. Its horrendous between some players. The CPU cant score because of your Defense then it'll use the cheap momentum advantage I described for a cheap chest bump foul.

That trash gets old, and one reason its like that because once again there just arent nearly enough animations in this game.

...but what tweaks are you talking about I want to know
Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #27
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You arent answering rock, and im not talking about online. Single player is not balanced at all. Its horrendous between some players. The CPU cant score because of your Defense then it'll use the cheap momentum advantage I described for a cheap chest bump foul.

That trash gets old, and one reason its like that because once again there just arent nearly enough animations in this game.

...but what tweaks are you talking about I want to know
More off the ball fouls, I actually saw it one time where a guy was coming off a screen he got bumped and they called it, I was like what the hell? More animations in the paint, (Contact), U right about the chest bump animation, get rid of it or make that particular animation very few and far between.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You can't throw a decent alley opp unless the guy is 2 feet from the rim and even then he'll brick those for no reason

The CPU can take a guy like Dwight and bring the ball up the court on a fastbreak with crossovers but there are so many fundamental things you are not capable of after seeing that, that its disgusting.

I hate how I cant drive in for a dunk or layup without being bodied up or whatever but the CPU can do a quick drive and dunk and you can't even move because the game has your feet in quicksand to contest it, or in time for that matter.

Im not so sure the fifa thing works because again this game is far too imbalanced.
Completely agree.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #29
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
More off the ball fouls, I actually saw it one time where a guy was coming off a screen he got bumped and they called it, I was like what the hell? More animations in the paint, (Contact), U right about the chest bump animation, get rid of it or make that particular animation very few and far between.

That's just not enough man.. its like, not enough variety in the game to make up for whats missing.

Shaq goes up for a layup and gets smacked around by guys like Fisher, foul or not like he's webster being clothes lined off of a skateboard. That's just not right.

I understand some guys are having fun becuase certain elements are nice, the jumpers, the crowd, the control, but once you get passed that, the game becomes shallow and it looks like it was signed by Mr Generic himself.

You can't even use a hangar type camera angle... The options given here or lack thereof are pretty lame, which is why im asking about your tweaks because alot of that doesnt seem to work or matter because no matter how many times I play LA, Fisher can do side steps like Chris Paul, Bynum always does step back dribbles on me and I end up cutting the game off because the CPU uses that crap to score when they can't get through otherwise.

..so increasing off ball fouls doesn't eliminate unnecessary contact when it otherwise wouldn't happen. Case in point the Stopping LeBron from a full court break just by standing there with Chris Duhon.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9
man live 10 was a good game n offered great things. now with a solid base it can grow to a great game. 2k is on as good as their animations but then again its funny that you have no control

live lets you control dribble,who sets picks and if they roll or pop, and who you throw the ally-opp 2.

you cant even get a proper crossover in 2k n it feels too scripted.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
Practice. 2k is a sim game. Means it is harder to do things. "the most exciting part of playing/watching basketball are the moves made" is why live is the place to go if you like those things. 2k is about fundamentals which is playing the game like it plays in real life. Having signature moves also help differentiate players. Garnett owns the low post and Kobe has the best separation in his fadeaways. Also anyone who says nba 2k10 does not play 100x better with the patches don't know ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 6
#1 "And when I look at Live, the footwork resembles players dribbling a soccer ball on a giant playing field rather than a dribbling a basketball in an NBA arena."

When describing technical aspects of a game, it's important to be precise. NBA players don't play in an arena, they play on a court. In soccer the field is in the stadium, in basketball the court is in the arena or stadium. The field and the court are where players play in each sport.

#2 there is no such thing as classic rap. An album full of swearing and negative themes, cut by a guy awaiting criminal charges for gun possession and assault, isn't classic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »