Home

MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 AM   #89
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It is that new hat. The bill is different too. So they must have the top sink in more. There is something different about those new hats. I still like the hat that has the bill already bent.

They are different hats. One has gray under the bill, the other does not, some use 59fifty hats, some 39thirty.

I do know since 2007 they use 59fifty during the season and 39thirty for spring training. And plenty of players have been known to use one or the other in the season as well. That is the discrepancy I think we are seeing.

Who knows what hats they have on the players in signings and photo ops. Since most photo ops are done in spring training, it would make sense that he is wearing the less cap real estate 39thirty, where the logo would appear bigger.

The show uses the 59fifty, which would have more hat real estate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Ooo yikes, the color is pretty off too.
Don't be silly, the lighting is what makes the mariners hats look more black. I seen the recent ones in person, and they are more blue than those photos. It is the lighting.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 10

the player models still need to make the jump from ps2. not to mention the fact that they all still look identical to one another due to no real body customization. (height and weight were customizable a decade ago) they are just not up to the par of the gameplay, and the stadium graphics.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #91
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
the player models still need to make the jump from ps2. not to mention the fact that they all still look identical to one another due to no real body customization. (height and weight were customizable a decade ago) they are just not up to the par of the gameplay, and the stadium graphics.
How many times are you going to post this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
How many times are you going to post this?
If I had to guess...until he gets what he wants.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #93
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22

I'm just gonna say I disagree and leave it at that.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #94
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Don't be silly, the lighting is what makes the mariners hats look more black. I seen the recent ones in person, and they are more blue than those photos. It is the lighting.
Don't give me that here, they are different colors. Just like in 2K10 and how they didn't get the Phillies' red right. I own a Seattle Mariners hat, I know what it looks like in daytime. And I know that it's off from the kind of blue that's shown in there because my Oakley's look much more like that blue, and when I wear them with my Seattle hat... well... sometimes I don't like to do it because they just don't look the same. It looks much better with my Blue Jays and Brewers hats.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #95
Pro

GoBucs09's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought we decided that the game simulates real life better than real life?

ooo wait.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #96
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Don't give me that here, they are different colors. Just like in 2K10 and how they didn't get the Phillies' red right. I own a Seattle Mariners hat, I know what it looks like in daytime. And I know that it's off from the kind of blue that's shown in there because my Oakley's look much more like that blue, and when I wear them with my Seattle hat... well... sometimes I don't like to do it because they just don't look the same. It looks much better with my Blue Jays and Brewers hats.

I guess you missed the part in elementary science class where the color is composed off of different wavelengths of white light. And can alter and change based on lighting changes. Thus why purples and blues look black at night, who would have thunk?!?

Did you know that all of the colors in the universe originate from only 15 fundamental physical causes?

This can go on and on. Also I am sure it is difficult in a virtual environment to replicate that with lighting engines and inorganic. It isn't a perfect science in the coding. And it is a lot of work, and I think they do a great job at working how how their light reflects off each individual object, player, or person in the crowd. Which are all lit individually.

Just be lucky you can see colors, since a good portion of men out there could not tell you blue from brown.

Sometimes I wonder how people enjoy the little things, when they cant enjoy the little things.

Now excuse me while I call New Era and tell them their hat is wrong, because my day light bulbs in my house make it look different than a press picture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »