Home

MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #49
Go Cubs Go

PLite14's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
yes, to most. Just look closely at the managers arms on the dugout rail. Are his arms touching the rail? No. Been like that and collision detection has already been explained.
The devs have really worked on this and you will see the results in the videos.

Some things are capable, some still waiting, but the additions to this game this year are phenomenal. Want to start posting away in the forthcoming "wish list", sure. And this ain't the place for a 2k comparison with all the problems that game has.
I noticed that too, but I just told myself that Dave Trembley was in the process of placing his arms on top of the fence.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #50
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Thank you to all those who have pointed out the reason why the "floating strap" exist. Collision detection is certainly very important. It would be nice if it could be minimize like how it is with the Shin-Guards straps, in a sense making it more "functional." But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
I am a perfectionist, and I can honestly tell you that these things are probably the most unimportant I've ever heard. It looks just fine to me, and the fact that the gear 'floats' is undoubtedly just to make sure it doesn't clip with the catcher's body model (which you would be complaining about if that was the case).
Everyone's different. Point of view, perspective, and priorities. Thank you for pointing that it's a "clipping" issue. Much appreciative. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
yes, to most. Just look closely at the managers arms on the dugout rail. Are his arms touching the rail? No. Been like that and collision detection has already been explained.
The devs have really worked on this and you will see the results in the videos.

Some things are capable, some still waiting, but the additions to this game this year are phenomenal. Want to start posting away in the forthcoming "wish list", sure. And this ain't the place for a 2k comparison with all the problems that game has.
I sure hope you are right in the final product. What I pointed out does not affect gameplay, but figured I point it out because it is a "little thing." I will make use of the "wish list" thread.

The only reason why I mentioned another game (or the "other" one) is because I was reading the "pitching motions need work" thread. Several users brought up comparisons between "The Show" and the "other." My mistake if that's not what we're suppose to do. As I mentioned earlier, my sole intention was to point out the "little things" that if polished out would make "The Show" even better.

How would one go about bringing up problems with "The Show" that are done well in other games without sounding like one is "complaining"? Honest question.

Pitching Motions Need Work
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...need-work.html

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 02-02-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Thank you to all those who have pointed out the reason why the "floating strap" exist. Collision detection is certainly very important. It would be nice if it could be minimize like how it is with the Shin-Guards straps, in a sense making it more "functional." But that's just me.

Everyone's different. Point of view, perspective, and priorities. Thank you for pointing that it's a "clipping" issue. Much appreciative. Thank you.

I sure hope you are right in the final product. What I pointed out does not affect gameplay, but figured I point it out because it is a "little thing." I will make use of the "wish list" thread.

The only reason why I mentioned another game (or the "other" one) is because I was reading the "pitching motions need work" thread. Several users brought up comparisons between "The Show" and the "other." My mistake if that's not what we're suppose to do. As I mentioned earlier, my sole intention was to point out the "little things" that if polished out would make "The Show" even better.
How would one go about bringing up problems with "The Show" that are done well in other games without sounding like one is "complaining"? Honest question.

Pitching Motions Need Work
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...need-work.html
To be honest you could have worded it better. This is what made me shake my head.

"Two parts of the catcher's gear is incorrect, as always." Like they meant to do this or they don't have a good reason for it. It is just the way you worded that was not very respectful in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #52
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

It wasn't that bad IMO.
Yeah....could have worded it better....but no biggie.
Wishlist!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

i believe i just got banned yesterday for mentioning the "other" game. i did absolutely nothing different than the people mentioning the pitching motions or this guy doesnt like the catching gear. i thought this was a discussion board about the screenshots. shouldnt people be entitled to their opinions? especially when all he is doing is trying to be constructive.
if you read jay08hawks last few posts all i was doing was trying to bring into light some things that could improve an already stellar game. we all know 2k cant compete, so why so defensive? so what if another game has something that this game doesnt. so what if maybe we should post in a wishlist thread instead. do either of those things deserve a ban? apparently so... maybe my wording couldve been different, but to just ban someone without a warning or a pm, seems like somebody is a little excessive.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 AM   #54
Go Cubs Go

PLite14's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirm786
i believe i just got banned yesterday for mentioning the "other" game. i did absolutely nothing different than the people mentioning the pitching motions or this guy doesnt like the catching gear. i thought this was a discussion board about the screenshots. shouldnt people be entitled to their opinions? especially when all he is doing is trying to be constructive.
if you read jay08hawks last few posts all i was doing was trying to bring into light some things that could improve an already stellar game. we all know 2k cant compete, so why so defensive? so what if another game has something that this game doesnt. so what if maybe we should post in a wishlist thread instead. do either of those things deserve a ban? apparently so... maybe my wording couldve been different, but to just ban someone without a warning or a pm, seems like somebody is a little excessive.
It's never really a good idea to call a mod out like you did.

It's also not a good idea to create a duplicate account.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 11

Am starting to agree with Sony nothing gets you closer lol 3/2/10 omg lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 21

I've been on this site since day 1 almost...and I gotta admit...the catcher strap post is the single most inane posting I think I have ever seen! It's akin to saying the hot dog vendor in the stands doesn't actually pour the mustard on the dog...it seems to just float there. I mean, how absolutely, positively insignificant is this? Is this something you'd ever even notice while playing the game?

Sorry...hate to pile on, and I usually don't...but I couldn't let this one go...

Ugh.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »