Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2010, 03:03 AM   #441
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

I haven't really noticed much of a difference yet but I did have my first in-game injury that didn't occur during a foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 AM   #442
Banned

OVR: 6

Played a few nba today games post patch and this game pretty much fulfills my need at this point. Sure it has a few glitches here and there and the framerates still drop sometimes, but I'm seeing great basketball on default pro 10 minute quarters. They ironed out my main issue and 2k cam is now playable again for me. On release the framerates were unbearable, but it's really smooth now although some of the cutscenes still drop slightly. This game does so many little things that get overlooked and I hope 2k never stops making games. Just quality test them before you release the game. 2 patches later we are finally getting there. The cpu moves the ball realistically now and I'm seeing real chess matches out there. The attention paid to passing really paid off. Defense is also much improved. The game seems to be pretty well balanced at this point and feels very organic. It could still use some tuning but I'm very happy with this game. This is how the game should have been released. This is the best basketball game I have ever played, and is close to perfection, but still needs another patch and still isn't polished.

Last edited by kgisbeast; 01-21-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #443
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Anyone My Player impressions?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #444
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
Confirmed for the 360 patch... the bigs taking 3s is alive and well when you sim. Al Jefferson 36-219, Duncan 32-223, Stoudemire 61-241, Elton Brand 33-156, Shaq 20-142. So this sux cause I planned on simming about as much as play each season to speed up and get to the offseason so I can get in more than 1 1/2 seasons... looks like I'll be turning off player roles. I had been a NBA live guy my whole life and just came over to 2k last year, actually I've bought both the last 2 years. Player roles are one of the coolest things about association compared to Live's boring dynasty. Anyway 2k has dissapointed me greatly this time. I think they owe it to their customers to rectify this issue immediatley. Make a 3rd patch for all I care just fix this... seriously.
I love the game right now and have always been a 2k fan..but post like these 2k should really pay attention to. Someone knew to 2k and to have all these problems should really make them think. How many customers have you potentially lost cause of the way 2k10 was released? You lost football and collegeball...I would think you would want to up the anty sort of speak on NBA2k. Like I said personally I love the game and play it for what it is...not complaining but just saying with so many other people not happy about the game. Hope they step it up with less hassle in 2k11...this is for the mass.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #445
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
am i the only one that is STILL having this problem?!
i cant sign Udoka, Boykins... etc

WTF!
can anyone confirm this? i have yet to DL the patch for obvious reasons. also, ronyell, i assume this was based off of your existing association...could be the reason why unfortunately...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #446
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Anyone My Player impressions?
I would like to hear some of these as well before I decide to download this or not. I would hate for my My Player to be messed up after all the work I put into it.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #447
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
can anyone confirm this? i have yet to DL the patch for obvious reasons. also, ronyell, i assume this was based off of your existing association...could be the reason why unfortunately...
^
i can confirm this!

and this is not using an existing association, it was using a brand new one but i did find a resolution.

if you have this problem:

BEFORE you start your association, you have to go to those players that have the "2010 - 2011 contract glitch" like (Boykins, Udoka, Antonio Daniels, Tinsley, Barry) & so on.... sign them to a team & then edit their contracts so that is only a value in the first year & the others are greyed out & then save.... then release the player from the team & repeat steps for all of the problem players.... save the roster & start a new association using that roster & the issue will be resolved.

it seems like they made the problem fixable with the patch but did not actually fixi the ACTUAL problem with the players themselves.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #448
Rookie

OVR: 3

Between my franchise freeze at the draft lottery and still getting subbing out and back in after each foul in my player...i'd say this patch did jack

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »