Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #241
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

first off, i have a 360 & watching & waiting & seriously contemplating not downloading the patch because it would be a huge issue for me & my "sim-to-the-core" association BUT i seriously love 2k basketball, i have always believed that the good FAR outweighed the bad with this series & cannot fathom not playing an NBA game for the rest of the year OR waiting forever for yet another patch to dive into my association.

im hoping for a fix or work around but if their isnt one, i am willing to get my mindset right and figure out my options...

my questions are:

are these 3's happening in the flow of the game?

are they happening when the bigs are open or are they just jacking?

does the attempts have ANY correlation to an offensive tendency or and offensive rating? (say maybe... offensive awareness)

are the teams as a whole, shooting more 3's total or are the bigs taking & cutting into others 3 point attempts?

are we talking about set 3 pointers or 3's off the dribble?

do the bigs that actually shoot 3's still shoot them, more or less?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #242
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

For the record, I've NEVER, had a big man shoot a 3 in all the months I've had this game. I'm surprised to even hear about this. I was gonna delete my cache because I hav eother issues with the crowd and the music playing after timeouts, but if there's a chance my big men will start shooting 3's, then I'll live with th eproblems.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #243
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

in the interest of finding out OTHER information than jst the 3 point shooting fiasco:

if you have control of all 30 teams but have the transactions set to automated; do the other teams nowactually trade & sign players on thier own?

can you now sign players like Boykins during the association & can players now be released and then signed again in association mode (example: the Allen Iverson)
Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #244
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
in the interest of finding out OTHER information than jst the 3 point shooting fiasco:

if you have control of all 30 teams but have the transactions set to automated; do the other teams nowactually trade & sign players on thier own?

can you now sign players like Boykins during the association & can players now be released and then signed again in association mode (example: the Allen Iverson)

After about a week in my association, there has been no trades or signings. I even put some guys on the block to see if that made a difference. I have all teams except the Pistons set to allowing the CPU assistants to trade. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #245
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

personally i cant wait for the patch to be released on the 360 and PC...i only play quick games anyway so the three point thing doesnt affect me at all...

theres just way too many game for me to play to play Association or My Player...Steam holiday sale did a number on me...i went from 30 games to 100
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
personally i cant wait for the patch to be released on the 360 and PC...i only play quick games anyway so the three point thing doesnt affect me at all...

theres just way too many game for me to play to play Association or My Player...Steam holiday sale did a number on me...i went from 30 games to 100
LOL. This is funny. Not only has steam got me, I also plan on gaming with a few other titles too. But I'm not gonna lie, nba2k owns my playing time and I hope the 3 pt thing does not affect season mode. I don't do association but I hope I can just play season mode with out all the fiasco.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #247
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus
I watch all Basketball us professional bookies and betters have to watch the sport, How often do you watch NBA basketball? If you spent more time watching the real thing then Simming videogame basketball you would understand that this isn't the sky falling like some of you are trying to make it.

Maybe if you started playing the game and not Simming numbers you would have more enjoyment.
again, it happened when playing and when simming...As a former scout, coach and someone that watches and attends basketball games on every level, it has been my experience that centers do not usually shoot threes...video game, college, high school, NBA...If you were coaching the Sixers and Dalembert shot 8 3pters you would be o.k. with that?

I know its just a game but it hasnt done it before the patch which is what makes it the most frustrating.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #248
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie

It affects quick games too. It is not just an association bug. It affects games played (computer AI center shooting threes) and simmed games.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »