Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #209
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I don't have the PS3 version so I can't comment but to me it sounds like a killer for me. I mean, people like Shaq shooting 20 footers means lost possessions. Especially in a scenario with lets say 20 seconds left and up by one and the AI takes a jumper with Shaq. It just would take the win away from me as I would feel it was a cheated win in a way to myself.

Now, if turning chemistry off can fix it, great. If it can't, than I'm not sure if I can play association mode. It's just disappointing that 2K can't put out a patch that only fixes things. Not one that fixes things and breaks new things.
That is not what is happening Shaq is not just throwing up 3 pointers, so far it has happened to me twice with Ben Wallace, and both times he cleared out the lane and was left wide open, he missed both shoots, the CPU is taking bad shoot but they are not making them.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #210
Pro

OVR: 9

just tried with chemistry off. Dwight Howard shot at least 5 3 pointers in all 4 of the games he played (simmed)

I am disappointed now that I have DL'ed patch and do not know how I can reverse its effects for my already existing franchise.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 01-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #211
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Are you playing with 2K's official roster?

Perhaps the issue only arrises if you play with heavily edited rosters.
Yea I only play with 2k's rosters. No sliders changed. On Hall of Fame...

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-13-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 2

Since the patch, I haven't been able to play online and the game freezes during my player mode and when I access team up mode I'm mysteriously dumped into an empty lobby !

Online just times out for some odd reasonwhen I try to play ranked games and if I got to the lobby, all invites just hang there with no way to delete them !

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd give this update a 1 !

P.S. Does anyone know how to find the PS3 webkey in NBA 2K10 ! if so please explain !
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #213
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
No, no... not once, maybe twice... Yea, it's pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
this doesn't even come close the the problem people are describing. and also, the trade off is pretty big b/c there are other issues this patch addresses. also, ok maybe a few a year when simming but this happens when you PLAY THE GAME and i agree with altimus about possessions etc. this completely alters things and makes the game pretty unrealistic. yeah this is not perfect and a lot of people can possibly accept a tradeoff if there can be a proven fix that eliminates this problem but so far there isnt. you gotta at least understand where people are coming from and you probably do since you've been waiting this long for a decent online experience.

Quote:
Are you playing with 2K's official roster?

Perhaps the issue only arrises if you play with heavily edited rosters.
it's with both for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
just tried with chemistry off. Dwight Howard shot at least 5 3 pointers in all 4 of the games he played (simmed)

I am disappointed now that I have DL'ed patch and do not know how I can reverse its effects for my already existing franchise.
kenzil, did you try starting a new association with chemistry off or was this an existing one?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #214
Banned

OVR: 18

Yo this is crazy i wonder who are going to be the guinea pigs for the 360 patch. Cuz i aint downloading till i see some impression.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #215
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
you forget most people on this forum seem to play by themselves as opposed to the 2k forum where people prefer to play online. Association is big for people here but it shouldnt make you stop playing the game because of a small glitch in the patch like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #216
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

i started a separate thread to solely discuss this issue and avoid clutter etc. hopefully the mods are ok with this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »