Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #265
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

I agree you guys need to relax on this stances and deliveries. I love it when someone says "that is wrong stance" then they find one they think is better and then another guy has another better stance and then you have to guys fighting that their stance is better. The bottom line is you are seeing a guy bat from the front view when you see him on TV, not from the back view like you do with this game. It makes a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #266
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I agree you guys need to relax on this stances and deliveries. I love it when someone says "that is wrong stance" then they find one they think is better and then another guy has another better stance and then you have to guys fighting that their stance is better. The bottom line is you are seeing a guy bat from the front view when you see him on TV, not from the back view like you do with this game. It makes a difference.
That's why we need more generic stances to choose from, and I mean dozens more.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #267
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Not trying to be smart, but what do you think the developers are doing for the next month? All are working overtime, some sleep in their cubicles in the studio.
Exactly, crunch time is coming up for these guys. 18 hour days and sleeping under your desk. Especially with a game that has a deadline like sports games, you won't ever see a final build until it's released to be pressed. I'd be surprised if the build they had at CES was anything close to a final. More like something as bug free as possible that shows the new features to the public.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #268
Banned

OVR: 47

Blzer to have all those stances are not easy. It takes a lot of space on a disk to have those. Hey look what I did I act like I knew something about disk space.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #269
Banned

OVR: 60

Yep, no days off, even saw a pet cage in a cubicle. That's why these guys cannot be heard from after release as they are long gone on deserved leave time.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #270
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Blzer to have all those stances are not easy. It takes a lot of space on a disk to have those. Hey look what I did I act like I knew something about disk space.
Only reason I figured animations wouldn't take up much space is because... well... they tend to add hundreds of animations a year. I know that audio files (commentary) takes up a lot, but it sounds to me like animations wouldn't take up much.

Only reason I see it might is if the animations we have to select take up more space, maybe because they need to be called or something, I don't know.

I'm just saying that, if push comes to shove and if we can't have both, I would almost want to see a baseball game one day had hundreds of "generic" stances instead of signature stances, because then rookies won't always have the same few stances or whatever, and we can still find close enough stances for everyone else.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #271
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Exactly, crunch time is coming up for these guys. 18 hour days and sleeping under your desk. Especially with a game that has a deadline like sports games, you won't ever see a final build until it's released to be pressed. I'd be surprised if the build they had at CES was anything close to a final. More like something as bug free as possible that shows the new features to the public.
Coming up we been crunching since December
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #272
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Arrow Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Coming up we been crunching since December

C'mon Russ...no wonder we haven't been playin' any MW-2 lately...
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »