Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #257
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Not trying to be smart, but what do you think the developers are doing for the next month? All are working overtime, some sleep in their cubicles in the studio.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #258
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Well, sorry, but you're wrong on this, but if you think this is a close as it's gonna get.....

This is my point. So forget the batting stances and pitching deliveries too? They aren't in the game yet. Too many people are treating this like it's done. I'm just telling you it's not. All I can say....
with that being said, why is it that every year a lot of the pitching deliveries remain the same and never get fixed? Examples, Brandon Webb, Roy Halladay and Chris Carpenter have had poor deliveries for a while now. Is this the year they get fixed? To me, without accurate looking pitching deliveries the game will not mimic a real-life broadcast.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #259
Banned

Do you know how many times I"ve seen you guys argue over batting stances/deliveries (when I was doing rosters) and I would check the batting stances that different people were saying were correct and they DIDN'T EVEN LOOK the same, lo. So much for experts, lol.

Wsu, I'm not going to answer you're question as you seem to have many issues with the game and that's fine, everybody has a gripe, all I'm saying is that people are writing the game off as a finished product...........it's not.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #260
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Not trying to be smart, but what do you think the developers are doing for the next month? All are working overtime, some sleep in their cubicles in the studio.
I think most of the work at this point is probably getting in final touches as well as bug-fixing. However at the same time, I think the build at CES is older than, say, January 7th, so there was a time in between that build and right now that they put more things in, including animations and the like. They're probably not yet at that stage, but at least close to it.

So I hope that none of my posts sounded like "It's too late for this year so I'm going to complain," because instead my posts were like "Hopefully there's still some time that I can make some suggestions for them to tweak for this year's version."
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #261
Banned

Quote:
I think most of the work at this point is probably getting in final touches as well as bug-fixing.
Incorrect. In late January last year they had NOT finished layering the grass when we were testing the game. But, I'm done trying to explain, really, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #262
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Incorrect. In late January last year they had NOT finished layering the grass when we were testing the game. But, I'm done trying to explain, really, lol.
It was a guess, that's all. I didn't say that's the stage that they're on, I'm saying that's part of what they have left to do lol. Believe me, I'm more jealous than anyone else here that you got to go to the community event, so at least you get to show off what you know. I'm just left here to guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
did nobody here listen to i said, when he went last year they were still working on the game and adding things and that was in late feb right before the game came out. everyone just hold your horses and you can all judge the game come march when the final build is out and ready to go. until then all the complaints and gripes are kinda pointless on an unfinished product thats getting worked on every single day from here on til its released.
The "complaints" are suggestions in case they missed anything, like the Target Field animation.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-12-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #263
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

did nobody here listen to i said, when he went last year they were still working on the game and adding things and that was in late feb right before the game came out. everyone just hold your horses and you can all judge the game come march when the final build is out and ready to go. until then all the complaints and gripes are kinda pointless on an unfinished product thats getting worked on every single day from here on til its released.
NHL: Rangers
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #264
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Hell yeah they are still working on...changing and probably adding things to the game WAY into January.
Last year...I believe we went to SCEA in very late January.
They changed a couple of things right then and there.
Some they could...some they couldn't.

(in my best Jim Mora voice)
HR DERBY?...HR DERBY!?....are you kidding me HR DERBY!!!?
doesn't even belong...
(of course I'm mocking...but HR DERBY?!)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »