Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #249
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Jim, how do you know it's not the final build? I don't doubt you at all. I am just curious how you know that.
Russel said so. Plus they are still working on the game.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #250
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
This isn't the final build. Thats a fact. There were many glitches still in the game along with missing commentary and signature stances, animated MN sign, etc, etc, etc...
Thanks dmbfan...did Russell mention anything about the Braves neon sign? It was flashing when the Mets were batting in one video and in real life it only flashes when the Braves are batting. Was that video just to show that the tomahawk sign is going to flash? I know you and Russell played a few games, but did he have just like random videos on the screen when you were there too like he did on the first video that shows Turner Field?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #251
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Jim, how do you know it's not the final build? I don't doubt you at all. I am just curious how you know that.
They work on this game EVERYDAY until it's ready to go in February. When we were there last year (in late January) they would actually update the build as we found things in the game that needed attention. They "build" this game daily as devs work on their individual responsibilities within the game. As a batting stance is done, for example, it's added to the current build, as new sounds are finalized they are added to that build, and on and on until it's ready to go.

Trust me, when you see the demo you are looking at a mid-December build because of the approval process they have to go through.

So with that in mind, there are going to be even more complaints as the demo will be an older build than what was being played at CES.

Last edited by jim416; 01-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #252
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I have been beyond impressed with everything shown thus far.....except HR Derby. That camera is terrible. I hope that is a result of this being an early build. I will not even touch HR Derby if that is the way it will be in the final build. They should call it Shadow Derby. Maybe turning on HR Celebration Cam will help? I can only hope!
Sad to say that I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't think it will be as much fun without seeing ball flight and final landing spot.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #253
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Sad to say that I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't think it will be as much fun without seeing ball flight and final landing spot.
I wouldn't get worked up about this yet.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #254
MVP

[quote=EnigmaNemesis;2040637266]Yeah, they just need one set up like the "broadcast view" but shows the flight of the ball and zooms slightly to it as it leaves. Much like you would see in the HR derby.

And a recap after with the arrows and ball placements with the distance like Nemesis mentioned.

Similar to 2K, but with more "effect" and pop than what it has (the stadium nuances in The Show probably will help with it, since it wont cut away from the crowd as fast so you can see them grab the ball).

The 2K HR derby cam is a bit too focused on the ball, but they have an in-game fielding cam that is sweet. Shows plenty of stadium and ball flight. Would be nice if we just had 6-7 choices to make everyone happy.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #255
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
I wouldn't get worked up about this yet.
Hey Jim, not too worked up, but I've seen enough pre-release footage of games to know that more often than not, what you see 1-2 months previous to release (feature-wise) is probably what you'll get. Now, if it was a framerate issue, or for example, the audio not being in yet, then of course I keep the faith that it will be in the final build.

What can I say Jim, I get a lot of entertainment from The Show and I just want it to be as good as it can be. That said, the lack of really good ball flight CAM, especially for HR derby, is a let down for that feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #256
Banned

Well, sorry, but you're wrong on this, but if you think this is a close as it's gonna get.....

Quote:
good ball flight CAM, especially for HR derby, is a let down for that feature.
This is my point. So forget the batting stances and pitching deliveries too? They aren't in the game yet. Too many people are treating this like it's done. I'm just telling you it's not. All I can say....

Last edited by jim416; 01-12-2010 at 12:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »