Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #201
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: @ CES w/ Russell. Hands ON Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
The videos look amazing. Especially for an early build.

But seriously fellas? White flashes? Camera fade? Ball to grass physics vs ball to dirt physics? Really? This is what we're nitpicking now after about 5 minuted total of video?

Holy cow...
I think that's in reference to how good the rest of the game is. I mean, I can only repeat how great the lighting and check swings are as often as anyone else, but when push comes to shove I want to start looking toward the future and go, "What is it that we can say now so that next year we can all 'ooo' and 'ahh' at the next little things that are done correctly.

Keep in mind that I never liked the "fade effect", I always thought it was terrible but figured there was an excuse with it like they were loading a cut scene. Now that cut scenes are gone, I think you would be surprised how much better looking it would be if there was no fading. Again, anything for more presentation realism, I'm all in for it.

And the physics thing is more important than you're making it. Obviously they had a problem with it last year, so they thought it was important to address the issue.

And guys, come on... don't think of me as hating on these things. Obviously this game has everything '09 has and then some, and I was completely satisfied (glorified, rather) with my purchase and play time with '09. The same thing is going to happen with '10, '11, '12, and '83. I'm just looking forward is all.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #202
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Here's my question about it, though (and partly why I don't like the "down the line" angles): So the idea of this is to have non-transitional cameras, correct? So what if someone hits a ball, say, down the left field line, then we'll be in that camera for the entire play. Well, what if we're trying to then do a rundown between first and second or third and home? Won't the wide shot be way to difficult to determine depth? Or what about trying to make a tag between second and third? Do you think we can easily position ourselves correctly on the right part of the dirt to make sure that we tag the people? I think that the view will cause some perception disorientation when we're trying to do something but can't get it accomplished.
Blzer, c'mon man, you're asking all these questions and none of us have even played the game, or really seen any significant length of video. Don't you think the devs, who have for about four+ years now made the best baseball game on the market, considered this already? I highly doubt they're going to take the best playing baseball sim available, and make it near unplayable just for the sake of a broadcast came.

Patience dude, wait until we get more gameplay vids, or a demo, whatever. It's all hypotheticals right now.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #203
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ok....WHO was playing as the Cardinals, pitching with Carpenter, and giving up RBI basehits to Billy Butler?

Thanks for the videos and the info Dmb...very much appreciated.
Russell was piping them to me. But beware Butler will be a .300 hitter for his career. I hope I didn't just jinx him now!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 8

Amazing videos dude! Who the hell is playing in the field for both games?! christ, cant even track down a routine fly ball!

Anyway u can get a HR? or a double play videos if possible? If this event is still going on or not...lol
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #205
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

Dirt vs grass ball physics? ha. It would be incredible if they perfected it, ala balls hopping over the wall when they hit dirt or stopping in its tracks when if hits the grass. Imagine if they took it even further and made it stadium specific? For example, Wrigley has longer and thicker grass then most fields (if I remember correctly, its still long even after they redid the entire field and go rid of the "crown"), so what if they made ground balls slower?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #206
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Hey CB, be thankful it wasn't Matt Kemp vs Carpenter
Kemp is a little more tolerable. I mean, Kemp is a fine hitter. But f'n Billy Butler...really?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #207
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyused
Who the hell is playing in the field for both games?! christ, cant even track down a routine fly ball!
LOL. Yeah, we expect more from someone representing OS. No excuse will save you, either.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #208
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
LOL. Yeah, we expect more from someone representing OS. No excuse will save you, either.

I am really hoping they were doing that on purpose to show the ball physics.

I kept saying on the routine fly ball, "catch the ball, catch the ball, come on catch the, wait what are you doing, nooooo, catch the damn, WHAT... WHAT"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »